Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes you just have to grab the moment and when I got access to a great venue for multiple weekends of board gaming I took the plunge and It's Your Move was born.

It's Your Move is a weekend event of board and card gaming - 12/13 July 2014 in Island Bay, Wellington. The day starts at 10am and closes at 10pm.

If you enjoyed Wellycon and want more then join us by visiting and registering at boardgamerentals.co.nz/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=50

Join us to enjoy;
- a day or weekend of great games for all experience levels
- multiple prize draws over the weekend
- access to the library of over 200+ games from the BoardGameRentals.co.nz rental library. You are most welcome to bring your own games - just make sure they are well named
- Onsite shop with a wide range of games available at sale prices with EFTPOS.
- A venue with good parking and bus access, and take aways and a super market in walking distance.
- 20% off for early bird registrations on-line. Get the whole weekend from only $13.60 until 5 July.

Venue: Wellington South Baptist Church and Hall, 284 The Parade, Island Bay.

Buses: The Island bay #1 comes right past the church from the railway station on a 20 mins timetable. If you are coming from Miramar area you will need to change at Newtown.

Day 1: Modern board games.
Day 2: Modern board games and a family focused games session 1pm -4pm. We will bring our school and children's rental gaming selection

We have 70-80 places available for each day. If you can't make this weekend there will be another on 4/5 October 2014.

Children under 14 are welcome but must be with a supervising adult.

So now It's Your Move, we'd love to see you...

Register at boardgamerentals.co.nz/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=50
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it's great to have our first sign up to the July event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just doing a restock of games for the library and for sale....

Anything of interest your'd want to play? Also we'll have a good stock of x-wing minis including the latest releases and I'm also working on a couple of tournaments with appropriate prizes (x-wing and hopefully King of Tokyo).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to try Mascarade or Nations...

Do you have any sneaky sources other than PixelPark? There are SO many games I'd love to try that they haven't brought to NZ yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jo,

generally they are the go to, but there is time to import before the conference so put up the list and I can try my best...

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And will definitely have Mascarade at the event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blueprint and CV probably top the list at the moment... followed by Among the Stars, The Little Prince: Make Me a Planet and SOS: Titanic.
So many good games... cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jowolf wrote:
Blueprint and CV probably top the list at the moment... followed by Among the Stars, The Little Prince: Make Me a Planet and SOS: Titanic.
So many good games... cry

Among the Stars is being released in the USA by Stronghold Games at GenCon in August it seems. Higher likelihood of it making its way down here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi Jo,

I'm looking at getting most of those in via import order. Not all are available.

Also I'm working on making It's Your Move a very successful board gaming weekend. I have ordered more tables and chairs and just added a pre-order option for both lunch and diner for both days for those how have yet to sign up.

Those who already have should have got an email from me asking if they want to take advantage of this option.

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow that's awesome - thanks Peter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have already signed up and want to add food to your order or want to add food when signing up - you can do so with the new product "It's Your Food" for both then Saturday and Sunday - my wife said cheesey... [url]http://boardgamerentals.co.nz/index.php?main_page=index&cPat...­[/url]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So Jo,

We should get CV, Nations, The little Prince in - Blueprints is just too hard at the moment and Among the stars is in preorder.

So take your pick with a few others as well.... Steam park for one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! Why do I get the feeling July is going to be a very bad month for my wallet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just been totting up the prizes and there is over $400 in gaming give aways at Its Your Move. I think there is about a 1 in 6-7 chance of winning some of the prizes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Jo the games have all arrived that I could get and for those into King of Tokyo - at the tournament we'll be giving away a free-pre order on King of New York so the winner will be first in line to grab the new classic when it arrives later this year .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For all those going to It's Your Move - just got some more restock for the shop and some great prizes for the wonderful Tim Tripp at Pixelpark.co.nz. A big thanks to Tim for his great support of the NZ gaming scene
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nearly 70% of the seats have been pre-registered (nearly 50 people) for It's Your Move this coming Saturday/Sunday 12/13 July. Check it out at www.boardgames.co.nz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Limited Access - Wellycon XI - Back 5th June 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a great event in a fine space with good access and facilities. Roll on October!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to thank everyone who made it a special weekend. There was lots of gaming and people had a good time.

It was extra special as my mum has been very sick and on the Sunday morning I was called to her bed at her rest home as we thought she would die. She did not and recovered to rally for a few more days. It was nice to go from their to a day where people where having fun and enjoying each other's company is very good natured manner.

They are nice memories and have helped my through this week were my beloved mother finally passed away on Thursday morning.

Thanks again to all who came.

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
ttfn wrote:
I want to thank everyone who made it a special weekend. There was lots of gaming and people had a good time.

It was extra special as my mum has been very sick and on the Sunday morning I was called to her bed at her rest home as we thought she would die. She did not and recovered to rally for a few more days. It was nice to go from their to a day where people where having fun and enjoying each other's company is very good natured manner.

They are nice memories and have helped my through this week were my beloved mother finally passed away on Thursday morning.

Thanks again to all who came.

Peter

Best wishes to you and your family Peter. I came across this today from BGG and 'Shut up and sit down'. It is a week after the posters' father died and this is his moving tribute, it's described as Probably the best board game video ever, and I agree.

http://www.shutupandsitdown.com/blog/post/your-favourite-gam...
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1205086/probably-best-bo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.