Quartermaster General» Forums » General

Subject: Quatermaster General - a clone of Axis & Allies? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Müller
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am not sure what this Quatermaster General is. Is it a clone of A&A? If not what are the differences? Are there rules for download?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it looks interesting. The use of cards doesnt sounds much like A&A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zero Budget Geek
United States
Putnam Valley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It is definitely not a clone of A&A, though the designer is an avid fan of classic wargames. The rules have gone up for download on the official site: http://www.grigglinggames.com/quartermaster-general-rules-no...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hammer drone
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmb
is it a card game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zero Budget Geek
United States
Putnam Valley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it is primarily a board game with a beautiful game board and awesome custom wooden meeples shaped like tanks and ships. However, the gameplay is very much like a card game as you have a hand and deck of cards to manage. The cards you play drive the action on the board. Each of the six countries have their own deck of cards and each plays differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edgd00 wrote:
Well it is primarily a board game with a beautiful game board and awesome custom wooden meeples shaped like tanks and ships. However, the gameplay is very much like a card game as you have a hand and deck of cards to manage. The cards you play drive the action on the board. Each of the six countries have their own deck of cards and each plays differently.

I really like the wooden pieces, just like Imperial 2030 and the card game / board game mesh intrigues me I'm interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Müller
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
yes. It looks really interesting. Not that many rules and beautiful well crafted components. Looks like a light multiplayer wargame to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Shafer
United States
Hedgies Hang
flag msg tools
designer
"It is a pity we so often succeed in our endeavors to deceive each other." -Empress Irene
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, light war game is what it looks like. After checking out the rules and such I preordered this game. It looks like my fiance will even play it with me- it is light enough and about points, not just flat out aggression.

Excited for this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Mink

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quartermaster General only has the WWII world map in common with Axis and Allies. Armies and Navies are not moved, nor are there dice. More like
diplomacy without the treachery.

QG is unique. You have to know your country's deck and tightly manage your deck and hand. There's an element of structured worker placement. Working with your allies is very important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.