Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Prize Cloaked Ships rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm surprised no-one has posted these up yet. As part of the prize support for the UK Games Expo tournament last weekend, WizKids showed up with 12 one-of-a-kind cloaked Attack Wing models for the top 12 finishers.

One friend finished 2nd and took the Klingon Bird of Prey, I went 7th and took the TOS Romulan BoP (and broke a nacelle taking it out the damn package. Need to glue it back on) and another friend went 10th taking the K'Tinga model.

And here's the Defiant that 3rd place Chris Phillips took:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vtmobius vtmobius
msg tools
Cool, what kinda cards came with them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No cards. Just models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Those are pretty neat looking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Phillips
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I really love my defiant but get really scared when I see my daughter "playing" with it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty cool

Though I can't really make out the details of the paint job. Is it a star field?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Knight
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Close up they look like a transparent ship with a black wach and light drybrush.

The Valdore was very VERY cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
While they may have used the transparent ships, I think the defiant looks like it has some blues/reds and stars painted on it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really one of a kind, they are the Heroclix models that WK repurposed. I use the same cloaked models for some of my ships. They did give them some sort of drybrushing which makes them kind of unique I guess. Either way, they are pretty cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Phillips
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
JustinKase wrote:
While they may have used the transparent ships, I think the defiant looks like it has some blues/reds and stars painted on it

That is because of the lights and the map on the table. I will try and get a better pic when i get home on friday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
Not really one of a kind, they are the Heroclix models that WK repurposed. I use the same cloaked models for some of my ships. They did give them some sort of drybrushing which makes them kind of unique I guess. Either way, they are pretty cool.

As are the majority of AW models. How about unique to AW? Cloaked models not modded from Tactics ones by fans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cminion wrote:
That is because of the lights and the map on the table. I will try and get a better pic when i get home on friday.

Ah yes, I can see, it is the angle and the base that are throwing me off. Though a star-field painted over the clear ship would look pretty awesome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Evans
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aaron2310 wrote:
I went 7th and took the TOS Romulan BoP (and broke a nacelle taking it out the damn package. Need to glue it back on)

The picture of the broken BoP is heartbreaking. I hope you're able to glue it back together and have it look good for you.

(I broke a Koranak taking it out of the plastic. Lesson learned.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not going to lie - I was just devastated. But I've glued her back together, looks right as rain now. I can't wait to run it in my ENT/TOS The Web.

Oh and the K'Tinga:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that a correctly positioned bridge?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer the clear plastic of the Star Trek HeroClix: Tactics ships...

I re-purposed all of mine early on for cloaked versions of ships, but quickly figured out that switching out the ship every other turn was annoying.... much easier to just use the token.

Still, these are cool. Fellow completionists.... how are you taking this? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnyd76 wrote:
Is that a correctly positioned bridge?!

Must by your eyes playing tricks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
I prefer the clear plastic of the Star Trek HeroClix: Tactics ships...

Still, these are cool. Fellow completionists.... how are you taking this? whistle

Speaking as a guy who wasn't going to attend this tournament until Genkahn was announced AS A PARTICIPATION PRIZE(!!!!!!) I actually don't mind it. This was a very challenging tournament - 5 or 6 scenarios in one day, with 200 points, I think that the top 12 deserved something extra special. Maybe we will see something equally big announced for Gen con. (Attack Wing 2, the Wrath of Genkaaaaaaahn)

Now if they had been sculpts of ships not already released in AW, or had cards that changed the game, I wouldn't be too happy. But as prototypes, they are a nice momento of a great event, but I'm not too upset at not having them. .

They may be the prototypes,but thats not to say another version won't be along as OP Prizes/blind buy. After all, the fighter squadrons are being released at retail. I have to believe we will be seeing a retail DS9 at some point.

As an average player at best, I take comfort from the fact that although I haven't won an OP Event, I have four prize ships and GenKahn, and I haven't resorted to the secondary market once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.