Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
(Taken from the other thread, but did not want them buried within a large thread)

toinito wrote:
Official rules should be online, sorry for that...
Here are the french rules :

Pécule de départ

4 pièces

Capacité

Félicia est une joueuse jusqu'au bout des ongles et le Tokaido est une nouvelle opportunité de jouer.
A chaque fois qu'elle veut faire l'acquisition d'une carte payante (Souvenirs, Repas, Amulettes, Calligraphies, Objets Légendaires, Etablissements de Bain),
Felicia peut défier le Voyageur le plus proche dans un duel de Pierre-Feuille-Ciseaux.
Le nombre de manches de ce duel est égal au nombre de pièces que coûte la carte.
Chaque victoire de Felicia réduit le coût de la carte convoitée d'une pièce (les manches perdues ou nulles sont sans effet).

Exemple :
- Felicia arrive au Relais et veut acheter la carte Sushi (coût : 2 pièces)
- Boyan est le Voyageur le plus proche (il est arrivé au Relais juste avant Félicia)
- Ils font 2 manches de P-F-C (car le coût de la carte est 2 pièces)
- Boyan gagne la première manche, Felicia gagne la deuxième.
- Le prix de la carte est réduit d'une pièce (1 victoire) et Félicia peut donc acheter la carte 1 pièce plutôt que 2.

Précisions :
- si 2 voyageurs sont à égale distance de Félicia, c'est avec le Voyageur situé devant elle que Félicia peut défier.

Thanks Mr. awesome designer,

Here's for the rest of the world :

"Felicia is a gamer through and through and the Tokaido is another opportunity to play.
Each time she wants to acquire a new card that costs coins (souvenirs, meals, amulets, calligraphy, legendary objects, bathhouses), Felicia can challenge the closest traveller in a rock, paper, scissors duel.
The number of rounds in this duel is equal to the cost of the card.
Each victory by Felicia will reduce the cost of the card by one. Lost or draw rounds are without any effects.

Examples:
- Felicia arrives at the relay and wants to buy a sushi card (cost: 2 coins)
- Boyan is the closest traveller (he arrived at the relay just before Felicia).
- They do 2 rounds of R-P-S (because the cost is 2 coins).
- Boyan wins the 1st round. Felicia wins the second.
- The cost of the card is reduced by 1 coin (1 victory) and Felicia can therefore buy the card for 1 coin instead of 2.

Precisions:
If 2 travellers are at equal distance from Felicia, it's with the traveller located before her that Felicia can challenge."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neat! What does everyone think? Is she too powerful?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
bradandmary wrote:
Neat! What does everyone think? Is she too powerful?

I think she'll be fun as a novelty character... but she'll slow the gameplay down a lot. The rock-paper-scissor matches are gonna be annoying near the end of the game.

I think i would've prefered if once per card purchase and per turn, she could... with a RPS "win", "steal" a single coin from another player to pay for her purchase.

It would make the game much more interactive between players and may not be too overpowered as she'd "steal" the coin only once out of three purchase/turns on average. It would also be a much more strategic game as she could try to steal a coin from another player, making him unable to buy a meal. Or other player keep a tad more coins in reserve in case Felicia "steals" a bit. Gameplay itself for all players would change depending if she's in the game or not. Also a nice small catch-up mechanic.

I may end-up playing her like that instead.

One thing that could be added to make her plays more "speedy" if using the official rules is a single Rock-Paper-Scissors dice. A 6-sider with rock on two sides, paper on 2 and scissors on 2. Call your choice, then roll the dice and compare results. Much faster than against an opponent that doesn't have any stakes in the result anyway.

Should be easy to custom-make such a die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
The stealing is a bit too mean to other players as everyone is always running on a pretty thin stack of coins.

But I think I do like the once per purchase house rule? Definitely need to try it as printed first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Well looks like the rules in English are posted as an image:

Glad to see my translation was almost spot on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Woods
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does she need to have enough coins to cover the full cost of whatever she wants to buy before she tries to reduce the cost?

For example, if she runs out of money, can she try to reduce the cost of cards until they are free (zero cost) and then aquire the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Bauza
France
Valence
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you need to have the money (full prize)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Get your finger out of my face!
mbmbmbmbmb
I also assume you CAN'T change your mind about what to buy after RPS. For example:

"I'll buy item A, which costs 3 and I can afford."
[play RPS and lose all 3 rounds]
"Hmm, nevermind, I'll buy item B for 2 instead."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Bauza
France
Valence
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you put the money on the table
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it says "Each time Felicia wants to try and acquire a card that costs coins". Meaning she must have the card chosen and be legally able to acquire that card with the money in her possesion before choosing to play RPS.

At least that's how I'm reading it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe fife
United States
charlton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
deedob wrote:
One thing that could be added to make her plays more "speedy" if using the official rules is a single Rock-Paper-Scissors dice. A 6-sider with rock on two sides, paper on 2 and scissors on 2. Call your choice, then roll the dice and compare results. Much faster than against an opponent that doesn't have any stakes in the result anyway.

If you're going to roll dice, you might as well just roll a d6 and succeed on a 5+.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Imriel wrote:
deedob wrote:

If you're going to roll dice, you might as well just roll a d6 and succeed on a 5+.

Make that 4+. Rock, Paper, Scissors has a 50-50 win rate, since picking the same this is just a do over anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
demondude777 wrote:
Make that 4+. Rock, Paper, Scissors has a 50-50 win rate, since picking the same this is just a do over anyway.

Ties are losses on this card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.