David Brashaw
Ireland
Newtownards
Co Down
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all
Following our award at the UK Games Expo this is just a reminder that the 2nd edition which is packed with loads of great stuff has just 14 days left to run on Kickstarter.
Upgrade packs for those who bought the first edition will also be packed with great components.
We, Backspindle Games, really appreciate all of the support we have had and hope you can keep spreading the word.
The feedback from gamers at the UK Games Expo was terrific, crazy Luchador nights, Knockout tag-team competitions, fun playing in a bar..and great fun with kids and families. Fantastic! Thanks all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Voge III
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Check out my podcast at www.thepartygamecast.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
I see game salute on the Kickstarter. How are they involved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are where I got my copy of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Voge III
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just nervous backing a Game Salute kickstarter. With games like Wok Star being lost the shuffle, and the expansion for Nothing Personal having a 15 month timeline for what is a card game. I am worried that this game will be 24 months late in a best case scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Boyd
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Bruce,

I know that I have already answered this point for you on the Kick Starter comment (thank you for responding to my reply) But I would like to explain again for anyone reading this thread who has not seen that response.

Games Salute or Backspindle?

Although the Luchador KickStarter campaign is being run under the Games Salute banner, Luchador! is a Backspindle Games project.

We (Backspindle) are running the campaign, we are controlling the Kickstarter and most importantly we are controlling the production of Luchador!

We have chosen to work along side Games Salute for two reasons. Firstly because they have access to a much wider distribution network than we would have and they can avail of much cheaper postal rates both in the UK and in the US. (meaning lower pledge levels for you guys) - and secondly, because we estimated that the majority of backers for Luchador! would be within the US it made sense to run the campaign in US Dollars rather than UK Sterling (so again this reduces costs by keeping bank transfer and currency charges to a minimum - again reducing costs and therefore lowering pledge levels.

I hope this helps>

regards
Leo Boyd
Backspindle Games Ltd.

(Bruce, apologies for repeating myself but I need to get this information out there.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Voge III
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am glad you did, I have over the last few months decided I will not support Game Salute or Eagle/Griffon kickstarter projects, so when I see them involved I turn away. I was hoping for an answer like this, because I love the idea of this game (I even playtested it, in the early stages) and wanted to supported.

I am glad you have this chance to address this question, I am sure there are many others who were on the fence wondering what the answer to this question would be.

Thanks,

Bruce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.