Lauge Rosendahl
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
~ Silence is sexy ~
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rainbow Bird is a new demand card for Uluru, that causes so much agony, that I feel quite safe in posting it in here, for you guys to try. Because, if Kosmos ever asks me for an expansion, I doubt this one will make the cut - it's a little too extreme and I have plenty of other expansion material (nudge, nudge Kosmos ...)

It looks like this:

Mix it in with the other cards and play as normal. For an easy start, use all level 2 + level 3 + level 6 cards together, and wait a bit with adding level 4 and 5 to that mix.

The rules are:

“I have all colors today!”
This bird is satisfied anywhere it sits, and it counts as having all colors in addition to its original color this round.
This means, that all other demand cards that references a color, must be satisfied in regards to both the bird of the color it references, and the bird with this demand card.

For example: Blue has all colors, and white has a demand card that requires white to sit opposite green. Then white has to sit opposite both green and blue, to be satisfied (because blue is also green this round).

The opposite of this card is ”I’m happy anywhere I sit” (its automatically satisfied).

Example of solving a task with it:

- White wants to sit at least two spaces apart from itself (automatically fulfilled) and Blue (because Blue is also white). Both demands are fulfilled.
- Pink wants to sit next to Black and Blue (because Blue is also black). None of those demands are fulfilled.
- Yellow hates both White and Blue (because Blue is also white). Only the first of those demands are fulfilled.
- Orange wants to sit on a lonely seat. That’s fulfilled.
- Red wants to sit in the boomerang group. That’s fulfilled.
- Green wants to sit across from both Yellow and Blue (because Blue is also yellow). Both demands are fulfilled.
- Blue is satisfied anywhere. That’s of course fulfilled.
- Black wants to sit across from both Pink and Blue (because Blue is also pink). Only the second of those demands are fulfilled.

A file with the card set up for print on A4 and Letter, has been added to the files section. That file also contains the rules and a much more complex example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Griese
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for sharing this ! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. I will have print this up and try it.

And yeah, an expansion for this would be an insta-buy. In addition to more types of cards, I'd love to see a booklet (or deck of cards? or, something) with a bunch of 'pre-sets' ... basically, positions that aren't randomized, but already set-up for you (with no conditions that can't be met, if you solve it completely, but that should be hard)

Great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.