Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased a copy of Crossfire but found that one of my guns fires much slower than the other (or one fires faster than the other). I usually make players switch sides after each round but the faster gun wins 85% of the time. I'd be open to purchasing another Crossfire set and checking if the same problem exists and then swapping guns but I don't know how common of a problem this is. Also, I don't know if it's an easy fix to swap guns. I'd hate to break two Crossfire games because I'm an idiot.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, thanks for the input. Just curious, if I bought the same edition, would the guns be interchangeable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Erwin
msg tools
mb
In the 1994 version there is a red gun with a yellow trigger and a red & yellow game board. These guns are fixed. The trigger shooting the ball bearings simply pushes down on the furthest-funnelled ball. the ball sits on a piece of metal bent back on itself, like a horseshoe. the metal bends to let the ball squeeze through, then (should) snap back into place, in the process snapping the ball with some force.

This metal piece often gets worn down and can even break, leading to slower shots (if the metal has been bent a bit) or even a faulty stopper (wire is so bent, the balls slide right through the metal tracks.)

Grab a pair of really thin pliers, or find some way to squeeze the metal pieces together to add snap when the trigger pushes the ball down. This is tricky, and tough to do, as the gun barrel is very narrow.

If you CAN find a replacement gun, you can break your broken one off and push the new ones into place, however I can't find only gun replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian sacco
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We need a 3d file of the gun to just print out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.