-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThinkGeek.com is having a Father's Day 20% off everything sale which includes free shipping on orders of $25+ with no coupon code needed.

Since they've already got Game of Thrones The Board Game 2nd Edition marked down to $39.99 (CSI's usual price) this brings the total down to $31.99 once you get to the checkout page.

Sale does not stack with any other coupon codes but still quite a bargain at almost 50% off the MSRP of $59.99 for this modern gaming classic of epic backstabbery. Sale ends 11:59 ET 6/6.

BGG Page: A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)
BGG Rank: 33
Avg Rating: 7.89
CSI: $39.99
Amazon: $45.41 (w/ shipping)

The discount applies on top of the already discounted prices of everything in their clearance section as well so there's no shortage of other geeky sundries to lighten your wallet. With 700+ items on clearance you might want to put off clicking here if you have any pressing tasks to complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len S
United States
Slingerlands
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [ ThinkGeek ] Game of Thrones Board Game 2nd Edition - $31.90 w/ Free Shipping
Sheesh...can't beat that price with no tax to NY. My wallet is begging me to stop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [ ThinkGeek ] Game of Thrones Board Game 2nd Edition - $31.90 w/ Free Shipping
Ah, got so excited when I saw the price but then saw it was ThinkGeek. I have looked at their site before and am pretty sure they do not ship to APOs. Or if they do, they don't have any kind of cheap shipping available.
I ordered a "Used - Like New" copy of this from Amazon Warehouse Deals a two months ago for $35 I think and ended up getting the LCG instead. Had to return that and they didn't have any more of the board game available at that price. Since this is better than that price and since I really wanted it then and was bummed that I couldn't get it, I think I will order it anyway and just let it sit at my apartment for a couple months.

I can't imagine this will be cheaper than $31 anywhere else anytime soon. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: There was APO shipping available but for like $8 added on, so no thanks to that. Bought it and will play it in a couple months, $31.99 out the door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I imagine if my wife hates Risk she will also hate this right?

She likes GoT though... so maybe I can con her into playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
krayziekmf wrote:
I imagine if my wife hates Risk she will also hate this right?

She likes GoT though... so maybe I can con her into playing!

My wife loathes Risk and absolutely loved playing this. It's a very different beast that relies heavily on social dynamics, negotiation, alliances, and backstabbing. Just know that the game only plays well with 4+ players and is utterly unplayable with 2.

Base game on it's own is by far best with the full 6, and with only 4 it's much better to play with the A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition) – A Feast for Crows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Rosh
msg tools
Thanks, picked up Bioshock as well. Don't forget up to 7% CB with your favorite CB portals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Tipp City
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very tempted. $34.23 with tax. Not sure it's good enough to cut into my Origins fund though.

Also Firefly: The Game would come out to about $36 and BioShock Infinite: The Siege of Columbia would be about $40 (both before tax of course)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesc Lopez
United States
West Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Just a geek, nothing to see here, move along
mbmbmbmbmb
In for one. thank you.
It seems a game that you need to find the right crowd to play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
HODL
mbmbmbmbmb
Sold. My poor Visa account...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mesa
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm only getting the $39.99 price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
HODL
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy Mesa wrote:

Keep going. The shipping and Father's Day discount should appear on the final total, just before you confirm payment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Mazza
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent find! I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get a group together to play it, but I'll have it if I do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mesa
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
cunning stunt wrote:
Andy Mesa wrote:

Keep going. The shipping and Father's Day discount should appear on the final total, just before you confirm payment.

I should've checked back sooner, it's sold out now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NOOO!

Had a gift certificate for $10 too -- It was just begging to be used

Oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy
United States
Cincinnati
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Andy Mesa wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:
Andy Mesa wrote:

It says "Est. 6/5" so maybe they will restock tomorrow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
QuickPhix wrote:
Andy Mesa wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:
Andy Mesa wrote:

It says "Est. 6/5" so maybe they will restock tomorrow?

Highly doubt it.

Being that they already had this on clearance, once shipping is factored in they may have even been taking a loss on these.

It's a sizable heavy game so shipping is going to be ~$8-10 and I doubt the wholesale price is less than $24 for a $59.99 MSRP title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.