Popular Tags: [View All]
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read this technology and assumed it meant to override the restriction of the "Free action" of being able to return trade good markers and building markers to Lisboa when removing them from cards if you no longer wanted them to be buildings or trade goods, allowing you to move them directly back into the sea under the card they were on.

I'm pretty sure at a cost of 1, it did not mean to allow you to not send sold trade goods to the sea, instead of back to Lisboa, because that would just be insanely over powered. Mostly I'm posting this because for a very brief moment or two, I was thinking it might apply to sold trade goods, so this way there's a thread on the topic in case someone else thinks this too. After having my second cup of coffee, I realized I was probably right in thinking, it was only intended to work the way I said in the first paragraph/sentence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Erm...I believe you are right on both counts.

The Geography trait does allow you to return building cubes to the sea (the only way to regain these cubes) as well as trade goods (so yes, you can return them to the sea instead of selling them and returning to Lisboa, but you wouldn't get anything for them).

This wouldn't be a bad strategy, if you have this tech, to block a good that one of your opponents may want, only to return your ship in an advantageous position for you.

But no, it doesn't affect sold trade goods. Selling goods is its own action, and returning to Lisboa is a compulsory part of it.

Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
correct... it wouldn't apply to sold trade goods

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Williams
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOneEared wrote:

...The Geography trait does allow you to return building cubes to the sea (the only way to regain these cubes)...

You can also return cubes on buildings back to Lisboa as a free action during your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Argenfarkle wrote:
TheOneEared wrote:

...The Geography trait does allow you to return building cubes to the sea (the only way to regain these cubes)...

You can also return cubes on buildings back to Lisboa as a free action during your turn.

Very true, but this does come with the disadvantage of the cube being back at Lisboa, and (depending on the situation and your strategy) less useful.

Thank you for the correction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.