BattleCON: Devastation of Indines» Forums » General

Subject: Light and Shadow Add-On? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Khadath Amehusi
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
Is the Light and Shadow add-on just the EX and Almighty character abilities printed onto cards with new art, or is it different? Just wondering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's my understanding of it, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier D.
France
Brulain
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brad said in yesterday's streaming session, that L&S was mostly cosmetic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iron James Rackham
msg tools
mbmbmb
But will the Ex and Almighty versions of each character still be printed in the rulebook? It said somewhere that War Remastered will not feature any multiplayer modes, so that's why I'm wondering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There has also been some indication that future stretch goals might add some cardboard bits to Light & Shadow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't it also going to include the EX and Almighty bases?

I think those were cut from the base set in order to simplify it into a beginner/intro box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, Ex and Almighty versions of characters will not be in hte rulebook since these were mostly multiplayer variants and have been replaced by Light And Shadow. It will also not include the EX and Almighty base cards since these are included in Light & Shadow and Devestation.

However, whereas Devestation used EX and Almighty characters to focus on new multiplayer modes, Light And Shadow is (slightly) different in that it focusses on Ex and Almighty characters fighting each other, and there's enough Ex and Almighty bases for two players to both be using these types of characters.

This means you can play "EX vs EX" or "Almighty vs Almighty", but if you have Devestation than you can also potentially combine them to try out "two EX characters vs one Almighty" or even try out tag-team variants of the "Almighty vs Almighty" or "EX vs EX" matchups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:
This means you can play "EX vs EX" or "Almighty vs Almighty", but if you have Devestation than you can also potentially combine them to try out "two EX characters vs one Almighty"

I don't think you'll even need Devastation! If L&S has two sets of EX bases and two sets of Almighty bases, then EX+EX v. Almighty is right there in the box.

The UA cards might be only cosmetic, but I'm excited about them. Having that card sitting there is much easier than having to flip through the rulebook every time somebody forgets a detail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:

The UA cards might be only cosmetic, but I'm excited about them. Having that card sitting there is much easier than having to flip through the rulebook every time somebody forgets a detail.

yeah me too, i would also like to get ex ability cards for devastation at some point

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
yeah me too, i would also like to get ex ability cards for devastation at some point

I believe (somewhere deep in the KS comments thread) that Brad said all legal fighters would be included in Light & Shadow, i.e. also Devastation.

But what about Borneo EX?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.