Popular Tags: [View All]
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is finally close to shipping. Can't wait. I only hope that it will reach Europe before my holiday which begins in early July...

Anyway, I'll probably only be able to play this as a 2- or 3-player game most of the time, but there will be loads of opponents available around the world. Of course moderated play by forum will be an option, but I'd really love to play this via Vassal as well.

Jeff mentioned previously that his Vassal-fu is not strong enough to build a mod. Is anybody out there willing and able to build a mod to get us all to play against each other? There's geekgold and eternal gratitude to be earned...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be honest. I thought it already existed. I took some play test images from the files they sent me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT is usually pretty good about putting out Vassal modules for their games. I'd be surprised if something wasn't already in the works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's not available on the Vassal homepage. Perhaps they're not releasing it before the game is shipped?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Thunder_Alley

Uploaded earlier by the glorious Mr. Joel Toppen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MillertimeRC wrote:
http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Thunder_Alley

Uploaded earlier by the glorious Mr. Joel Toppen.

Yay!!!! I had checked this afternoon and didn't See it yet.

Thanks, Joel!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the tracks in the module have the corrected yes/no on the tables, or are they unedited scans?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Top Shelf Board Games
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a solo game of thunder alley using the vassal mod, worked really well and had a lot of fun. 6 AI players and myself. I was able to finish second in total points.

Used a simple rule set for the AI

On a colors turn use the highest positioned car.
Flip over top card of race deck.
Make the most optimal choice for that team/car with that particular card.
Cars pit on their third token of damage, unless final lap and they have a decent chance at finishing the race by staying in the group.

Worked just fine, occasionally cars would do something random like a solo 8 (permanent) damage when they were in the middle of a pack, but I just followed the rules above and it worked out.

The finish was tight. With 21 cars in the field 12-13 cars finished the race in two lines side by side, and 5-6 that had broke of significantly from the pack 4 cars got lapped, but only one was removed due to still being lapped at the end of a turn.

Haven't tried this variant with more than 1 human player, but my wife wants to try it soon, she doesn't care much for the 1v1 in this game, but really enjoys the game with more players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Top Shelf Board Games
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who are curious of the total scores

Purple-119 (AI, finished 1st, 6th lap leader, 10th
Yellow-110 (Actively Managed, 3rd, 7th, 12th)
Pink -105 (AI, 2nd lap leader (most), 11th, 17th)
Blue -102 (AI, 5th lap leader, 8th, 18th)
Red -94 (AI, 9th, 13th, 16th)
Black -88 (AI, 4th, 19th, 21st)
Green -83 (AI, 14th, 15th, 20th)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.