Subject: Spoilers for the series rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This might seem like a ridiculous question but I was wondering how spoiler heavy this game is for The Next Generation.

After watching, and enjoying, the two new Star Trek movies i decided i wanted to go back to the beginning and watch the Original Series and Next Generation.

I watching all of the original series, except for a handful of season 3 episodes and i've seen the original series movies as well (I-VI).

I recently started Next Generation and i'm only 7 episodes into the first season. Should i wait to play this game until after i've finished the series and the movies that come after.

I don't really care if it spoils Deep Space Nine, Voyager, or Enterprise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it will spoil things in an obvious way, until right as you are watching the episodes. You aren't playing scenarios of individual episodes from ST:TNG in the course of gameplay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Watson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It won't spoil anything. In fact it'll be the opposite, after you watch it you'll have one of those "aha!" moments every time you draw an encounter card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreamshadow wrote:
I don't think it will spoil things in an obvious way, until right as you are watching the episodes. You aren't playing scenarios of individual episodes from ST:TNG in the course of gameplay

Agreed. Also, if you happen to be interested in watching DS9, Voyager, and all the movies, I have found it better to watch them as they were released on TV and theaters. In other words, TNG and DS9 were overlapped, and DS9 and Voyager and the movies overlapped. I watched all the TNG, then all the TNG movies, then all of DS9 , then all of Voyager.

Doing it that way is slightly strange, as there are certain things that weave back and forth between elements that may not make any sense when done that way. Makes more sense when watched in chronological release order.

Stepping off my weird, geeky, nerdy, trekkie OCD soapbox now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh J Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been watching them in order of release date on Netflix.

I found this episode order by date list and bookmarked ithttp://startreklist.blogspot.com/2011/04/list-of-all-star-tr...

Eventually Next Gen and DS9 run simultaneously and once Next Gen ends Voyager and DS9 do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that is some serious Trek data compiling, there! Cool list!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Speer
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Gravity Falls
badge
Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!
mbmbmbmbmb
After watching DS9 for the first time last year, i have to admit I kind of liked it better than Next Generation, especially after the Dominion War got going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Acedonte Euphrates
Samoa
Ohio
flag msg tools
I think you'll be fine to play the game without spoiling anything major. A few of the encounter cards are heavily based on episodes, but I don't think they'll ruin the experience for you.

But, just so you know, the Dominion expansion will pretty heavily spoil a couple of major plot points in DS9, just by the nature of what ships are included. I know you said you don't care, but in case you later change your mind...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Baker
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't bother watching Voyager.
Oops I said that out loud again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.