Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up this little gem (sorry, couldn't help myself.) of a game and had a question after perusing the rules.

Do reserved development cards remain secret in a player's hand?

Do reserved cards contribute gems toward purchases or the game ending total, or does that only happen when they are purchased?

I may be bringing Dominion rules in where they don't belong, but I wasn't sure if a player's hand was always on the table, or only when purchased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cody
United States
Columbus
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I can tell they only affect play when you actually purchase them, otherwise there would be very little value in purchasing them other than to open up space in your reserve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt McMahon
United States
Warrenton
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LoweringTheBar wrote:
I just picked up this little gem (sorry, couldn't help myself.) of a game and had a question after perusing the rules.

Do reserved development cards remain secret in a player's hand?
Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While there is no right or wrong, my wife and I choose to simply keep reserved cards face down on the table, as opposed to actually holding them in hand like Dominion.

Less sweaty cards and more hands to riffle through chips that way. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Rapp
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Reserved cards are secret and do not contribute to anything but your maximum handsize of 3 until you purchase them.
Whether you keep them in hand or put them face down on the table is not of relevance. Just keep them away from your owned cards.

Sebastian Rapp - Asmodee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all! Looking forward to playing this tonight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.