Bethany Dubeck
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mods I apologize if this should not be here, feel free to remove.

Edit: Apparently this is in french

Site lists it as 42.78 GBP. When I went to check out it dropped to 35.65 GBP. I don't know why, I think maybe because there's no VAT to the USA maybe? Cost of shipping to USA (west coast) GBP 4.95
Total cost shipped to USA = $70.52 USD

Free shipping within the UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Atlantis-Rising-70850ZMG-Board-Game/...

A good price IMO for something OOP and almost impossible to find, particularly under $100. Not nearly as good as what it sold for when new in print, but if you're late to the bandwagon like me, it's probably the best you'll see for a long time until they decide to do a reprint, if ever.

12 left in stock

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Atlantis Rising Amazon.co.uk $70.52 USD shipped to USA
How is this a deal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bethany Dubeck
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
How is this a deal?

Because it's over $100 everywhere else when you can find it? And OOP with supposedly no planned reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George J. Wendt
United States
Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
This is my dog, Pothier, but everyone calls him Potes.
mbmbmbmbmb
yureiavalon wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
How is this a deal?

Because it's over $100 everywhere else when you can find it? And OOP with supposedly no planned reprint.

Sure, but other than price and availability, how is it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy Wright

Hercules
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip! I've been wanting this game for a long time but didn't want to pay $150 for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you notice that this game is in French? Maybe it's always in French. I have no idea, I've never heard of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bethany Dubeck
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Normscoffee wrote:
yureiavalon wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
How is this a deal?

If the normal market selling price for new is $105, and you find it for $70, that's $35 off the selling price. How is that not a deal? Sure the MSRP might technically be $50, but you'll never find it new for that price again unless a) it gets reprinted b) someone has a huge stockpile they flood the market with.

If you people aren't interested/don't like it, don't read the thread. Flag it if you think it's inappropriate and move along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George J. Wendt
United States
Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yureiavalon wrote:
Normscoffee wrote:
yureiavalon wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
How is this a deal?

If the normal market selling price for new is $105, and you find it for $70, that's $35 off the selling price. How is that not a deal? Sure the MSRP might technically be $50, but you'll never find it new for that price again unless a) it gets reprinted b) someone has a huge stockpile they flood the market with.

If you people aren't interested/don't like it, don't read the thread. Flag it if you think it's inappropriate and move along.

I don't think you meant to respond to me as I clearly agree with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bethany Dubeck
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
Did you notice that this game is in French? Maybe it's always in French. I have no idea, I've never heard of it.

nope I did not notice it's in French. Good catch. I can barely see the top text without my contacts. There's an English edition, but it's very hard to get. I guess no one wants the French edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bethany Dubeck
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Normscoffee wrote:
yureiavalon wrote:
Normscoffee wrote:
yureiavalon wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
How is this a deal?

I don't think you meant to respond to me as I clearly agree with you.

The way it was worded it sounded as if you were saying "how is this a deal beyond being available?" My bad. Need another cup of caffeine apparently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George J. Wendt
United States
Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yureiavalon wrote:

The way it was worded it sounded as if you were saying "how is this a deal beyond being available?" My bad. Need another cup of caffeine apparently.

It's all good. I didn't want you to think I didn't appreciate you posting a great deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bethany Dubeck
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Normscoffee wrote:
yureiavalon wrote:

It's all good. I didn't want you to think I didn't appreciate you posting a great deal.

It's less of a great deal now that I found out it's the French edition, because amazon.ca has had it cheaper before. But I doubt most people want it in French. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yureiavalon wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
How is this a deal?

I guess "everywhere else" doesn't include the BGG Marketplace?

Right on the game page itself there are multiple new in shrink English language copies for less than $100. ($59.99, $80, $85 and a couple at $89.xx)

Plus any sale through the marketplace gives 3% towards supporting our favorite community.

Also you need to keep in mind that asking price has nothing to do with market price. People can list at whatever they want but it doesn't mean anyone is really paying it. Despite all those $80+ listings, no one has ever bought a copy in the marketplace for more than $60 to date.

Even on ebay new copies are going for $75-$79, with only one sold at $99. Meanwhile used can be had for $40-$55.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sataranji
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link to the Boardgame Pricing Utility! I've not seen that before and it looks very nice and useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bethany Dubeck
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
yureiavalon wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
How is this a deal?

I guess "everywhere else" doesn't include the BGG Marketplace?

Right on the game page itself there are multiple new in shrink English language copies for less than $100. ($59.99, $80, $85 and a couple at $89.xx)

Plus any sale through the marketplace gives 3% towards supporting our favorite community.

Also you need to keep in mind that asking price has nothing to do with market price. People can list at whatever they want but it doesn't mean anyone is really paying it. Despite all those $80+ listings, no one has ever bought a copy in the marketplace for more than $60 to date.

Even on ebay new copies are going for $75-$79, with only one sold at $99. Meanwhile used can be had for $40-$55.

The last time I looked at the market place there were no English copies below $100. Some new listings must have come up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yureiavalon wrote:
The last time I looked at the market place there were no English copies below $100. Some new listings must have come up.

Marketplace listings are dated. While there are two new ones up since just yesterday the ones for $89 were posted 1/11/14 and and 12/14/13.

I also see that someone grabbed the $59.99 one since I mentioned it so if nothing else this hot deal listing got at least one person a copy… from the marketplace.

Five places I always suggest checking before posting in the hot deals forum are:

Spielboy.com
BGG Marketplace
Amazon
BoardGamePrices.com
CamelCamelCamel.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.