O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
www.cascadecon.games
badge
Cascade Games Convention: Bellingham, Washington's premier tabletop board game playing event
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.sierra-madre-games.eu/index_pax_porfiriana.html

Sooner than expected, perhaps. These are the last 200 available from the manufacturer, if I understand correctly. Better than the previous deal posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Graham
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Sierra Madre Games just released 200 more copies of Pax Porfiriana [World] @ 27.00 EUR + cheap shipping
grammatoncleric wrote:
http://www.sierra-madre-games.eu/index_pax_porfiriana.html

Sooner than expected, perhaps. These are the last 200 available from the manufacturer, if I understand correctly. Better than the previous deal posted.

Ordered. Paypal converted the final total to $37.28, which includes shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Koskey
United States
Kahului
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Sierra Madre Games just released 200 more copies of Pax Porfiriana [World] @ 27.00 EUR + cheap shipping

Just FYI.....

When I placed an order with my shipping to maui, Hawaii the price changed to 22.69 euro + 4 euro shipping for a total of 26.69 euro or aprox. $36.36 USD including shipping.......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barth
United States
Aurora
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tott wrote:

Just FYI.....

When I placed an order with my shipping to maui, Hawaii the price changed to 22.69 euro + 4 euro shipping for a total of 26.69 euro or aprox. $36.36 USD including shipping.......

just rub it in that you live in Maui jealous. good deal for those who what the game though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Bishop
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tott wrote:

Just FYI.....

Also the case for continental US. Though the exchange rate isn't quite that good, charged me $37.30
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
mbmbmbmbmb
$37.30 for me too. The reviews of the game were too good to pass up. It's a disease I tell you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Byrd
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Argh! Bought from that hot deal for $55 yesterday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hedges
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
£26 shipped. Thanks for this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just ordered a copy.

Played this once at Geekway to the West 2013. At the time it was the deepest, most difficult game I'd ever played. I'm ready to give it another shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've been waiting for this for a while actually. MAJOR THANKS for posting the notification. Can't wait to get the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
www.cascadecon.games
badge
Cascade Games Convention: Bellingham, Washington's premier tabletop board game playing event
mbmbmbmbmb
Midwest Razorback wrote:
At the time it was the deepest, most difficult game I'd ever played. I'm ready to give it another shot.

My friend Bryan and I have been playing this quite a bit recently. Once you get the hang of it, it remains deep, but it's no more difficult than, say, Twilight Struggle. In fact, once both (or all three/four/five) players are competent at the rules, the game is fraught with tension as you are constantly counting relative changes in prestige points.

The main issue is to get through and understand the rulebook. There are a fair number of details—and more importantly, a large amount of information conveyed on each card. That makes it feel very deep, and rightly so.

But ultimately once you're into the rhythm of the game, it's not terribly difficult, but it is tense.

Look forward to hearing what you think once you've played 10 games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
Bath
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bit the bullet... hope I like it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scoresfilm wrote:
Bit the bullet... hope I like it!

Phil posted an hour ago that all 200 copies were sold out within hours of posting them on his website.

Being that his site is still allowing you to place orders, I'm hoping this doesn't mean a LOT of disappointed folks getting cancellations.

Update: Just got an email from Phil saying he'd miscounted and as of 2:20am still has 43 copies left according to his online inventory.

Get em while you can folks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angry I had resisted this all day, but NuMystic's post put me past the boiling point.

Hope this game gets played!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flabbergasted Rhino
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
badge
Get Schwifty
mbmbmbmbmb
Got one!

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Mayers
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks OP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric J. Boyd
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting about this. Really looking forward to exploring this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Markey
United States
Lebanon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it gone? When I click "purchase" is says "There are no articles selected."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikepmarkey wrote:
Is it gone? When I click "purchase" is says "There are no articles selected."

Eeek. I think it is. I bought one this morning through the link. Now I get the same message as you.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Markey
United States
Lebanon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:

Eeek. I think it is. I bought one this morning through the link. Now I get the same message as you.

Jorune

Dang. Thanks for letting me know it wasn't just me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Parker
United States
Aggieland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
You're only young once...but you can be immature the rest of your life!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.