Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Intini
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The board wins. Can you tell me where on the rules it says 2 hardwood? We'll fix it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
English rules P13 right hand column towards the top.
Must admit I haven't checked any versions available on-line; these are the ones out of the box.
Appreciate the really quick response - am playing for the first time tonight
Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are playing tonight, and looking for correct rules, keep in mind that the Pasha is worth 6 points, not 5, for bidding. This was an error in the English rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Intini
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with your game, and let me know how it goes!

P.S. the new manual online is much easier to learn and better written, I highly suggest it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I really didn't have a problem with understanding the rules in the box (other than the error) and we had no rules questions crop up that couldn't be answered quickly from the booklet.

Enjoyed the game - particularly the ability to screw with your opponents by selecting an area for resolution before they really wanted it - but that font size on the titles really spoiled the game for us. Way too small (for people of our age ) and very hard to skim through them all to see which ones you might want which meant that it was very stop-start

Icons really would have been much better (assuming they were large enough!) and given that icons are used to illustrate the second primary action on the board I find it rather a strange production decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the files. Giovanni did a nice file that has a rules summary and tile summary. It certainly helps. The font doesn't really bug me (although, it would if I didn't like the game so much), but I could see where it would bug others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Intini
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Michael,

the font size is a production issue, we were young and naive and late so we couldn't double check everything :-/

The problems are not there in our next title, and also in an eventual (late) second edition of Al Rashid, we learned from our errors

Please don't give up on Al Rashid, it will give you many many hours of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.