Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » General

Subject: Damaged boosters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
anthony jackson
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all

I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem when opening boosters

Not torn any cards thankfully. I have come across the problem that the two cards in the booster pack are stuck together at the base along a 5 mm strip. The cards are also stuck to the white card protector. The result is a white surface abrasion on these stuck cards.

Have sent an email off to wizkids though no reply. Has anyone else had this problem.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see this through 2 gravity feeds and several individual booster purchases.

This week I picked up 5 boosters and one pack had this. Sort of like the cards got caught in the heat seal at the bottom of the booster.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Stewart
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had this happen a couple of times over the course of two feeds, including once on a rare Cyclops, which was disappointing. I recall seeing a Tsarina both here and on the 'bay that had that damage - now that would be disappointing.

At least it does not affect play, and the cards are still tournament legal.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Had it happen to me on a warmachine rare, was very frustrating. The packaging is fairly awful, I'd rather pay $4-5$ for a booster of 4-6 dice that was packaged properly (dice in a plastic insert with a groove for the cards).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruton
United Kingdom
Bordon
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
I used to fund my games purchases by juggling!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a few in my second Funagain batch. Four or five boosters. Looked like the cards had got wet and stuck - in a foil booster!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Marema
United States
Ellisville
MO
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had two Tsarinas both with "sealer" damage. Frustrating, yes, but I fixed one of them with a black permanent marker and you can't even tell she's flawed once she's sleeved.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bylsma
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this happen to me in about 2 boosters in an order of 10. I had them shipped to me through the mail and I thought maybe it was because of the Texas heat.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Lindner
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I had 6 or 7 damaged boosters with cards stuck to the white divider. Like they'd been packed wet and dried together. Tore a strip off the bottom of the cards.

Perhaps Texas heat is the culprit, as I live north of Houston.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bono
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Opened two gravity feeds last night and this occurred in 3 boosters. 5 of the cards were commons/uncommons, but the 6th was Tsarina which sucked. Started a claim with the Wizkids Product replacement system to replace that one.

http://www.wizkidseventsystem.com/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Hackman
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I had it happen to three rares. I have sent them to Wizkids for replacement so we'll see how it goes. All three rares were from the same shipment of gravity feeds so it probably has something to do with storage and humidity.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony jackson
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting to hear see so many. Let's hope wizkids can do something regarding this at it is not on that a product that can be difficult to come by is substandard.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pomomojo wrote:
I had it happen to three rares. I have sent them to Wizkids for replacement so we'll see how it goes. All three rares were from the same shipment of gravity feeds so it probably has something to do with storage and humidity.

I'd be interested to hear how that works out. I've got a couple I wouldn't mind being replaced.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryce kartchner
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered a starter set and three booster packs from Cardhaus.com just to see how the game plays. So, I got six cards out of the boosters, and four of the cards are bent. Two of the four are severely bent. The booster pack did not sufficiently protect the cards. This is troubling as I am a card sleever who keeps all cards in mint condition. If I was a collector, or if I was planning on keeping up this the game, this would deter me from continuing in the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bkartchner wrote:
I ordered a starter set and three booster packs from Cardhaus.com just to see how the game plays. So, I got six cards out of the boosters, and four of the cards are bent. Two of the four are severely bent. The booster pack did not sufficiently protect the cards. This is troubling as I am a card sleever who keeps all cards in mint condition. If I was a collector, or if I was planning on keeping up this the game, this would deter me from continuing in the game.

Bent, creased, or little nicks and dings from the dice corners? Because 'bent' is quite honestly nothing compared to the other issues and can be flattened out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bkartchner wrote:
I ordered a starter set and three booster packs from Cardhaus.com just to see how the game plays. So, I got six cards out of the boosters, and four of the cards are bent. Two of the four are severely bent. The booster pack did not sufficiently protect the cards. This is troubling as I am a card sleever who keeps all cards in mint condition. If I was a collector, or if I was planning on keeping up this the game, this would deter me from continuing in the game.

I agree, I was upset at first too. The bends, curves and twists of the cards are ridiculous. If you tried to stack more than 3 on top of eachother, they toppled over.

This link is what I did to my cards. It worked very well, and my cards are great now.


I keep them like this for 2 days, and now, they are excellent, and all stack up like they are supposed to. No more leaning tower of Marvel.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony jackson
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems there a lots of problems associated with the cards. I'm not a collector but would like the opportunity to sell the game on if I get fed up with it. Having damaged cards will dramatically lower the price I can get for the set. I think wizkids should replace the cards with new ones
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My Tsarina was also damaged in this way. Not sending it off for replacement, though, as the damage doesn't affect gameplay and I worry that I might not get the right card back.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony jackson
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm of the same opinion Richard. I have 2 rates that I won't send off though I think it would be acceptable for wizkids to see a photo of this problem and send replacement.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fergal wrote:
I'm not a collector but would like the opportunity to sell the game on if I get fed up with it. Having damaged cards will dramatically lower the price I can get for the set. I think wizkids should replace the cards with new ones


It is not WizKids' responsibility to make sure you can sell your $1 item for $45 on eBay. As long as you can get $1 for your card, the damage has not reduced it's value at all.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to recall back when I played Magic (early to mid-90s, then) that Wizards Of The Coast's response to people receiving damaged cards from a sealed booster was to send out a replacement *booster*. No guarantee whatsoever that you got the same card(s) as were damaged.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fergal wrote:
I'm of the same opinion Richard. I have 2 rates that I won't send off though I think it would be acceptable for wizkids to see a photo of this problem and send replacement.


That would be terribly abused.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony jackson
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Abused by dishonest people
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bono
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eviljelloman wrote:
ScottyB23 wrote:
Opened two gravity feeds last night and this occurred in 3 boosters. 5 of the cards were commons/uncommons, but the 6th was Tsarina which sucked. Started a claim with the Wizkids Product replacement system to replace that one.

http://www.wizkidseventsystem.com/


More importantly, where are you people still finding full gravity feeds?


I pre-ordered a starter set from CSI along with 2 gravity feeds. My gravity feeds were held until the starters came back in stock which was last week.

kc2dpt wrote:
Fergal wrote:
I'm not a collector but would like the opportunity to sell the game on if I get fed up with it. Having damaged cards will dramatically lower the price I can get for the set. I think wizkids should replace the cards with new ones


It is not WizKids' responsibility to make sure you can sell your $1 item for $45 on eBay. As long as you can get $1 for your card, the damage has not reduced it's value at all.


That would be true if I really did pay one dollar for the card, but since I had to buy 2 gravity feeds to pull just one super rare, I kinda want something that I could sell if I ever needed too.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony jackson
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kc2dpt wrote:
Fergal wrote:
I'm not a collector but would like the opportunity to sell the game on if I get fed up with it. Having damaged cards will dramatically lower the price I can get for the set. I think wizkids should replace the cards with new ones


It is not WizKids' responsibility to make sure you can sell your $1 item for $45 on eBay. As long as you can get $1 for your card, the damage has not reduced it's value at all.


Peter. Thanks for the misread of the comment I made

At no point did I say I want a profit from the cards I have. All I said was that the card would be devalued. Let's look at an example of my card and another without any damage. If both went on sale mine is less likely to sell. I don't believe that is fair as when I purchase a booster pack I do not expect damaged items within. If there are damaged items then the company should have a service to rectify this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.