Recommend
128 
 Thumb up
 Hide
104 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

Merchants & Marauders: Seas of Glory» Forums » News

Subject: Expansion confirmed. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the first official confirmation on the Merchants & Marauders expansion.

Quote:
Have you always dreamed of being a pirate? Or maybe you are more the captain type?

We are currently working on the illustrations for the Merchants & Marauders Expansion (SPOILER ALERT!) and we want YOU in the game!

Tell us if you are a Grand Captain or a Fierce Pirate and tag a friend who would be your nemesis (either pirate or captain according to your choice).

You could BOTH be characters in the new expansion!


https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=640274216047117&set=...
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shhhh! It's around the corner!
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
As you guide your cursor over the blue avatar a strange feeling of dread comes over you.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Sweet! Err, I mean arrrr!

So, the Clash of Cultures expansion should be hot on its heels then?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't tell but I thumb'ed this 99 times.
24 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Compton
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yarr, can't wait...anymore details?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Licul
Austria
Krems an der Donau
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
Avatar
This makes me happy and worried at the same time...

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Uhr78 wrote:
This makes me happy and worried at the same time...



How?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's seems like we've been waiting forever, this is crazy good news!!!

Although can we really handle a Clash expansion and a M&M expansion so close together??? Are we that deserving???

YES! and YES!

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Licul
Austria
Krems an der Donau
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
Avatar
marqzen wrote:
Uhr78 wrote:
This makes me happy and worried at the same time...



How?


As with any new content for the game I love; I must have it since it adds to it; but it can also ruin it...

Sometimes games don´t really need expansions, no matter how popular they become.


PS: For example, I really hope expansion does not add fantasy elements like monsters, magic, etc; beyond the scope of superstition of those times (ie a rumour might say it is a cursed ship sinking ships, or a sea serpent, mermaids, etc, because people would maybe believe it or on purpose spreading lies; BUT not because it is/was so.).
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Uhr78 wrote:

PS: For example, I really hope expansion does not add fantasy elements like monsters, magic, etc; beyond the scope of superstition of those times (ie a rumour might say it is a cursed ship sinking ships, or a sea serpent, mermaids, etc, because people would maybe believe it or on purpose spreading lies; BUT not because it is/was so.).


Agreed arrrh
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Licul
Austria
Krems an der Donau
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
Avatar
marqzen wrote:
Uhr78 wrote:

PS: For example, I really hope expansion does not add fantasy elements like monsters, magic, etc; beyond the scope of superstition of those times (ie a rumour might say it is a cursed ship sinking ships, or a sea serpent, mermaids, etc, because people would maybe believe it or on purpose spreading lies; BUT not because it is/was so.).


Agreed arrrh


Thanks! My excitement got suddenly more positive. Heh...
arrrh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-9my0tsutw
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Uhr78 wrote:
marqzen wrote:
Uhr78 wrote:

PS: For example, I really hope expansion does not add fantasy elements like monsters, magic, etc; beyond the scope of superstition of those times (ie a rumour might say it is a cursed ship sinking ships, or a sea serpent, mermaids, etc, because people would maybe believe it or on purpose spreading lies; BUT not because it is/was so.).


Agreed arrrh


Thanks! My excitement got suddenly more positive. Heh...
arrrh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-9my0tsutw


You can expect more of the same + more meat + more options for your adventues on the high seas of glory.
23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Licul
Austria
Krems an der Donau
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
Avatar
marqzen wrote:


You can expect more of the same + more meat + more options for your adventues on the high seas of glory.


Awesome!


One suggestion for the expansion.
Please make small lighthouses (in player colours) so that players can mark with ´em their "home ports"...
As well as some mission markers, to avoid "stuffing" sea regions with mission cards.

And I hope that option Cutthroat becomes part of main (default) rules.
Also I would like ship cards for Galleons that have their speed lower.


And for a total crazy wish; I hope for an official solo play option.
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Uhr78 wrote:
marqzen wrote:


You can expect more of the same + more meat + more options for your adventues on the high seas of glory.


Awesome!


One suggestion for the expansion.
Please make small lighthouses (in player colours) so that players can mark with ´em their "home ports"...
As well as some mission markers, to avoid "stuffing" sea regions with mission cards.

And I hope that option Cutthroat becomes part of main (default) rules.
Also I would like ship cards for Galleons that have their speed lower.


And for a total crazy wish; I hope for an official solo play option.


cool

21 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samu Lattu
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Emoticons are the cipher of our day.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be more inclined to buy the expansion if it featured mermaids.


11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Ramus
msg tools
designer
Deus Vult
badge
Gloria in excelsis Deo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yugblad wrote:
I'd be more inclined to buy the expansion if it featured mermaids.




Maybe they'll do something using rumors, who knows.

Anyway, there's a fairly good variant here in the geek, and I myself houseruled something for my own tastes (that I didn't share back then because the other variant seemed quite popular already). For the figures you can use stuff from other games, like Cyclades, Kemet, Survive or whatever.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There better be elephants.
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes108 wrote:
There better be elephants.


I think someone insisted on a parrot at one point. Who am I to say no?
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Mowery
United States
Hermitage
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I want it ALL…parrots, mermaids, ghost ships, Bermuda Triangle, sea monsters, cursed treasure, whales, Sirens, famous captains, rum drinking, messages in a bottle, mutiny, walking the plank, etc, etc, etc!!!

The more thematic variety, the better.

8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hale
United States
Harvest
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Expansion Purchase confirmed!!!!
5 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am excite!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan D
United States
Dover
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
When you feel the ground rumble, know an OGRE is coming.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that this is getting an expansion is there going to be a reprint for M&M as well. Lot of people trying to get copies.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Compton
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thought we had a reprint this year - could be wrong
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark B
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for expanding on the game. My brother and I enjoy playing this game.

For the expansion I would like to see more ways a Merchant can be forced into piracy. Most people I've played with, always played the safest route in order to build on their ship and income.

Christian, If your still looking for pieces to add to the expansion, here's a couple:

Event Cards: Nassau becomes a pirate Haven. Similar to St. Maarten event card where another nation takes over the island, Nassau's flag becomes a pirate flag and makes it difficult for merchants to make port.

Missions: Bounty hunt Blackbeard. Search through the deck and force Blackbeard onto the board. His bounty is worth more until a new pirate is drawn.

Rumors: more humorous rumors so that people enjoy them and enjoy reading them aloud when completed.

Ships: 2 new ships that can be purchased. The Ship-of-the-line and brigantine would be 2 new ships that players would be looking forward to. These would have lower stats compared to Man-o-War and Galleon, but bonuses to surviving harsh weather conditions. Players who are behind would try to use the ships and take greater risks.

Lastly, newer ship models.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Great ideas, but it is San Juan, which can change nationality in the base game.

From what I've read here on BGG, the expansion is already playtested and given to z-man, so unlikely that your ideas can make it into this expansion (though new ships is very likely, when reading Christians comments on the subject ).

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.