Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Simpson
United Kingdom
Cambs
flag msg tools
mb
Hello All,

Played half a game tonight with the other half, few questions if people can help. Would really appreciate it.

1) When you use a potion, do you discard the potion back in the pile or is that always staying with the player?
2) When ageing pets on the board is there a limit as to how old they get? Same with you pets that you own, do the "die" of old age?
3) When replacing new pets how do I know if I should place one 3 year or two 2 year olds?

I am playing 2 player.

Many thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) you discard the potion when you discard the need cards. It goes back to the pile.

2) pets on the board that get over "3 cards" are discarded. Pets that you own and care for can reach the maximum age but don't grow any more.

3) you should first discard pets in the upper row (and modify the food offer accordingly). Then move pets from the lower row to the upper row, and age them. Lastly, you should fill the lower row with 3 pets. These are the rules for 4p games.

In 2p you should check where the blocking imp is. If it's on a "buy pet" space, you should have 1 less pet on that row.

I know the refill part of the game is the most difficult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zigi Hogan
United States
The Ozarks
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
What's it going to be then, eh?
mbmbmbmbmb

1. The potion always gets discarded since it took the place of the need that was met by using it. You also discard one of the cards the same color as the need that you replaced with the potion.

2. When you own them they just stop growing at the top of the dial. I do not have my rulebook in front of me but you age the ones one level (ignoring the double arrows that you would use if you actually possessed the pet) and place it in the top row to possibly be purchased next round. The ones on the top row, according to the rulebook, "go to a farm to live out their lives....you add two meat to the meat stall just because". (I am paraphrasing here).

3. Pets from the bottom age then go to the top row. New pets are drawn from a bag (that is what I use) and placed as in the intitial set up for the game.

I hope this answers your questions. This is one of my all time favorite Euro games; if I am going to play a Euro this is it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Leite
Brazil
Campinas / Atibaia
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zigihogan wrote:
"go to a farm to live out their lives....you add two meat to the meat stall just because".

Man I lol'd so much with this rule book laughlaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Er, I should point out you only add ONE meat to the meat stall when the petz go to the "farm" (not two).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jes m
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thiagosleite wrote:
Zigihogan wrote:
"go to a farm to live out their lives....you add two meat to the meat stall just because".

It is definitely one of the best ever. So funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Leite
Brazil
Campinas / Atibaia
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Er, I should point out you only add ONE meat to the meat stall when the petz go to the "farm" (not two).

there is also the variant that you cn add something else, like vegetable if the pet was a plant, or a gold if was the golen, but it just a funny coincidence whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Leite
Brazil
Campinas / Atibaia
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jesb wrote:
thiagosleite wrote:
Zigihogan wrote:

It is definitely one of the best ever. So funny.

I bought its "brother" dungeon lords, want the same level of jokes!
I should arrive this week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thiagosleite wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:

there is also the variant that you cn add something else, like vegetable if the pet was a plant, or a gold if was the golen, but it just a funny coincidence whistle

Yep, if it's Stareplant, you add a vegetable token to the meat stand, if it's Baby Golem, you add a gold to the meat stand, and if it's Ghostie, you don't add anything.

If you have Skellie, he'd add a potion to the meat stand.

But it's still "just a rule" ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zigi Hogan
United States
The Ozarks
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
What's it going to be then, eh?
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:

Whoops! I knew not having the rulebook in front of me I would forget something and that was it!

Thanks for the correction!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
thiagosleite wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:

Yep, if it's Stareplant, you add a vegetable token to the meat stand, if it's Baby Golem, you add a gold to the meat stand, and if it's Ghostie, you don't add anything.

But why? Adds a gold do not change, like...anything. Or maybe during setup you set aside 1 gold coin from the supply, in case this happened. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vardamir wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:
thiagosleite wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:

But why? Adds a gold do not change, like...anything. Or maybe during setup you set aside 1 gold coin from the supply, in case this happened. ninja

I'm not sure what you mean. If Baby Golem goes to the "farm", you put a gold into the meat stand, and then whoever takes the Meat Stand action will get that free gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
What? Bloody Gold... zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.