Popular Tags: [View All]
Lex Major
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
So... I'm going to GenCon for the first time (yay!), and I'll have to be travelling light; that means I won't be logging around that magnificent Mage Wars box in all its glory.

But I do have space for a spellbook or two.

I haven't seen any organized play events on the GenCon listing, but I'm told there are impromptu games here and there, and I can't think Mage Wars wouldn't be a likely candidate for one of those

Should I bother?

(I'll also be bringing a Dreadball team, a Blood Bowl team, a Netrunner Deck, and I'm on the fence about an X-Wing squadron, but that's another story)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I bring my spellbooks with me every year. Granted, most of my time is spent working the booth so I'm not sure when I'd be able to play, but I would sure love to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Teserovitch
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you bring yours I will bring mine. I will bring the rest of the game (Mage Wars) too.

If you want to set something up ahead of time shoot me a PM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Guytan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've often seen people playing it at the tables in the big game hall.

There is also an official MW tournament every year. No announcement for this year yet, but I expect it is coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Durst
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturnineage wrote:

There is also an official MW tournament every year. No announcement for this year yet, but I expect it is coming.

I'm bringing mine (and rollable map). Would love to get some games in with anybody else interested. Pretty sure there will be a tournament as well so you'll want tobe prepared for that. PM me if you are looking for game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturnineage wrote:

We will be hosting a Gen Con Championship tournament, we have had some churn with the Gen Con events team to get these posted, as they only do so in "batches", but it should be available to sign up for soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Major
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the offers! I'll certainly bring a spellbook or two! I've so much about that land of milk and money that is GenCon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lynch
United States
Brooklawn
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am definitely interested in getting in some non-tournament games as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.