Steve Canada
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It seems all factions get a bonus for using the karama cards as well as cancelling out other factions abilities. What do the bene gesserit get with karama cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Their special power is that they can use worthless cards as Karama cards. Karama cards can be used to cancel another player's faction ability or to perform an action specific to the faction playing the card ("When played can do any one of the following:"). The Bene Gesserit don't have any additional power they can choose, but they can cancel with cards that are otherwise worthless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Canada
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So they use it just to cancel other factions special abilities?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Canada
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I finally finished my rebuild with Ilya and Scott's awesome designs..and am hosting a game day in a few weeks with all 6 factions..this will be the first time playing with all 6..so am just trying to get some minor details ironed out before then. It seems I get questions answered, then other questions pop up..Lol...Anyways am excited about breaking out my nicely designed game..and playing with the full 6 factions..I had the best game last week with 3 players..ended with a fremen/bene gesserit alliance at the the last round to defeat the guild that was going to win by default! Lots of dead guys in the tanks..great battles..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Hansen
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In essence, yes, the BG can use a true Karama to 'cancel' the other 5 factions' special powers.
Yet the last two:
A) purchase a Treachery card for free
B) land troops at Guild rate (1 spice for 2 tokens in strongholds, 1 spice per token elsewhere)
aren't so much 'cancelling' the Emp/Guild powers, but give the Karama player a 'pass' (well, most of a pass with shipping) on costs, which is better than simply cancelling a power.

The 'bonus' Karama power the BG get, as written above, is that they have 5 additional chances to get the power.
Especially helpful the 2nd or 3rd time through the deck...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Canada
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for both of your quick replies...I got it now! WHOOHOO! Yes, the added karama / worthless cards are great..I'll be asking more questions before my big game day..can't think of them at the moment but will ask when I remember them all...I'll try and upload some photos of my rebuild when I figure that out as well! Doh! Thanks again for the responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.