United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RD/GC Fans,

A number of folks have sent me geek-mail asking for a copy of the Cheat Sheet and Random Events Tables which we devised after play-testing RD/GC a few years ago. It remains at the top of my list for modern war games!

Hope you enjoy ~ check it out under Files.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Neal
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for posting the tables Joe.

Yes, I really like this game too! I'm surprised it doesn't get more attention on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Charles,

Ours is a hobby which is not getting a regular influx of younger participants. While I've only attended a few conferences, at 46, I'm 20 years junior to most of those gathered to play war games. Now that we're competing with the likes of Call of Duty, I'm not particularly hopeful that the future is bright for hex & counter games.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Neal
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I hear what you're saying Joe. I'm in the same age group as you and have noticed a similar demographic. Now I did drift away for a while to computer based wargames but am experiencing a hex and counter renaissance.

To introduce hex and counter games to our younger friends, we need fast-moving, easy to teach games that can be resolved in a couple of hours. I do believe such games exist. Take the older title Battle for Germany. Some of the members on this site have made some eye-appealing updated components that give a new look to what is already an excellent game.

I was able to get my daughter to have a go at Panzerblitz back when she was about 10, she did pretty well too.

I really like RDGC but it takes a while to set up.

Charles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.