Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to share two positive experiences I have had recently dealing with the above mentioned groups.

I bought Smash Up at the beginning of the year and everything about it was great, minus one First Mate card. The card had some defects that had occurred during printing and was thoroughly ruined. My coworker and I didn't happen to randomly draw Pirates enough to notice it for a while and then we used them so infrequently that it didn't seem like a concern to us. I didn't even think AEG would care, until I saw some threads on this sub-forum extolling their virtues. I fired off an email explaining what was wrong with the card and asked if I had any options for getting a new one. This was during the build-up to a launch for some game or something and I received an auto-generated email saying that it might take a while for someone to get to me. However the next day I had an email from one of their CS people asking for my address and telling me one would be sent out promptly. I received a tracking number, possibly the next day, and was very pleased.
Being at an APO, things take a while to get here. I am normally pretty obsessive about checking my tracking numbers, but I let that one slide and kind of forgot about it. I ended up taking a seven week vacation in March and April and ended up remembering it upon arriving back up here in May. I checked the tracking number only to see that it got delivered, but to some random address in Nebraska. Ok, I have had plenty of problems while living in the states with the USPS screwing my stuff up. So I contacted them again and told them what the tracking number reflected. They then sent out ANOTHER card and this time it made it here. I actually got it in today, a sleeved First Mate card in a protective bubble mailer.

I am absolutely pleased with the way the handled it. It took a while, but for them to hook me up with a new card was awesome. I am used to publishers and big companies affiliated with some of my other hobbies not really caring about the customer, so this was a nice change of pace. Days of Wonder got me some spare trains that I was missing out of a copy of Ticket to Ride a couple months back as well. We've got some great companies running things in this industry...

My next words of gratitude and appreciation are towards White Dragon Enterprises. I purchased a game and expansion through a Geek Auction a couple weeks ago for a damn good price. I then went through their listings and found some other items to buy that would put me at their free shipping mark. I ended up getting three games total and two expansions. I had read about them in the past on here while looking for companies that were APO-friendly (meaning pretty much that they wouldn't charge an arm and a leg for shipping) and had already checked out their policies prior to ordering. I bought the games and then immediately realized that I didn't verify the edition for one of them. The item number on the invoice looked like one that was for an earlier edition, one I didn't want. I immediately called White Dragon to inquire about it and got someone fairly quickly on the phone who looked into it and assured me that it was the proper edition that I was wanting.
Today I went to the APO to pick up my mail and found that I had a box from White Dragon. The box was fairly dented on a couple sides, as is typical with APO boxes. Somewhere along the line between when boxes enter the USPS system, when they get handed off to the military in Jersey, and when they military takes over the shipping, boxes get dropped or kicked around a lot. The contents of the packages usually suffer pretty badly.
Upon opening the box, any concern I might have had about the contents immediately went away. The five boxes were packed incredibly well. Boxes were separated by slices of cardboard and there was a more-than-adequate supply of packing peanuts surrounding them to keep them safe. Everything was in absolutely perfect condition. They looked better than probably 99% of the games I have bought from Amazon so far while up here.
Another thing that surprised me was the speed of which the items got here. Some complaints I have read on this site have said that items ship fairly slow. And also the lack of shipping notification or a tracking number annoys some people. While a shipping notice or tracking number would of course be appreciated, the items got here fast. Like, two weeks fast. Which, for those who do not know, is extremely quick for APO mail. That is the kind of time frame I am sometimes looking at when items are given to the military in Jersey to take possession of, I'll have another week or two until I can expect them at that point. This means the packages must have made their way to Jersey in almost no time after I finalized the order and paid.

I am 100% appreciative of the communication and assistance that was provided to me during the ordering process and the care that was taken with my items, as well as the speed in which they were sent.
I definitely will keep White Dragon Enterprises in mind for future APO shipments and have already recommended them to several coworkers whom I have introduced to board gaming recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Glave
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently also received a large order from White Dragon. I had a small mishap due to a rogue Paypal address, but W. Rogers Abbott III helped me in a timely and professional manner. This is my 2nd order from White Dragon and I will likely buy from him again. The selection, prices, packaging, and customer service have been excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Day
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I ordered several games from White Dragon a couple of weeks ago. The game that was the main reason for the order arrived damaged. Within a couple of days they've had UPS send me a shipping label for the return and they are shipping me a new copy of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I, too, had a good experience with them. I ordered Fighting Formations for a little over $20 + shipping. I had to contact him to make sure this was the complete GMT game of that title because I couldn't believe the low price.

I just received my shrink wrapped copy yesterday.

Excellent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.