Nations» Forums » General

Subject: Plays Great With 4 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a great 4-player game of Nations this afternoon. Packy was the Chinese, Keith the Romans, Brady took the Egyptians, and I played Greece. This turned out to be one of the closest, most back and forth games ever. I took a gamble in the Industrial Age letting my Stability slip to -1 which ended up costing me 2 vp in the last 2 rounds. Keith and his Romans built at least 5 Wonders including the Sphinx which meant he was never short of Stone. Final scoring:

Keith 44
Brady 43
Me. 42
Packy 38

Brady missed a tie by ONE resource as his total was 129 and he would have won the tiebreaker. The game took a little over 3 hours but it never seemed to go slow. We used all of the cards including promos. This game just gets better each time we have played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael G.
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only your Chinese are far behind ...
Had same situation last time we played, so I guess China is less obvious to play (?)

Edit : actually 2 plays with China in my group (by experienced players), 2 severe defeats

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always gotten rolled when I take China.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
Packy actually got to pick his Nation first and he took the Chinese thinking the extra worker would be a huge boost.

We had a guy in our group play the Chinese a few weeks ago and he scored 49 points and dusted us. Of course it didn't hurt that he got The Sphinx in Round 1 and we were foolish enough to let him build several wonders. He also snatched Abe Lincoln at the start of Age 4shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Abe Lincoln = cheating = I like. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Nevalainen
msg tools
Each time China is in play in our game group, the chinese player have struggled. It seems that the resources China starts with are just too few. Previous game had 3 famine event very first turn and some war. China fell so much behind and finally lost over 10 points to Rome. Only one food is very little food to survive high famine in the beginning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.