Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been annoying me for a LONG time. When I view certain items that get paginated, like for instance when you go to Forum posts or Images in your Subscription page, or the Linked Items in a category of gaming or publisher page, the number of items displayed in each "page" is like 10, or, in the case of Images, 15. Both of those are WAY too big to display on my screen in one view, so I end up having to scroll down and back, and then hit the page control, scroll down and back, and then hit the page control, scroll down and back, and then hit the page control, scroll down and back, and then hit the page control, .... you get the picture.

I want to be able to leave my browser position static, and just keep the cursor on the page advance control and click through.

Is it possible to allow us to customize the number of items per page, or simply cut down on the number of items displayed by default? I know everyone has a different display and resolution setting, but I'm getting to be an old guy, along with my eyes, and anything usually more than 8 items is larger than I can display top to bottom in any paginated BGG list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't want an item count, you want to set a line count.

Make window wider and narrower. The number of lines in the display can change.

For instance look at forum subscriptions. The titles for the threads wrap as width of window changes.

But I agree with you...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I, however, am on the other side of the fence. I wish there were more items per page. I would rather scroll than click "next page" "next page" "next page" over and over again.

Although, the best solution is some option for changing the number of items displayed per page. You can see this almost everywhere, like a little drop-down menu that says "display 10, 20, 50, 100, all" or something like that. That would satisfy both sides of the fence.

(EDIT: nix the "all" option... I forgot some threads and such can reach 100's of pages. surprise )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.