Subject: Awsome Idea! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Richards
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I had an awsome idea! You have all seen the 3-D map editer and the things like that.. And hopefully you have all played the demo on heroscape.com,

What if they created a Heroscape game for the PC? It would come with map and scenario editer. It would come with the origanal 30 characters from the masterset and all the land! You could battle the computer, or a friend over the internet! Or multiple players!

2 different ways that the expansions could be added:

#1 you have to compleat the scenario challenges in the game to earn new charicters, or new sets. Of course with this there arises the problem of brand new sets comming out. Thats why when they sell future sets they put a code on the package that you go on the internet to type up and download to your game!

#2 Or they could sell the expansions seperatly so that you could go out and buy them at the store like any other game.

There would be seperate softwhere that you could buy for it, like a custom program, wich allows you to repaint the figures or creat your own figures or land tiles!

they could have tonaments online!

ADVANTAGES:

. NO STORAGE SPACE REQUIRED! (unless you talk about the space in your computer)

. NO MESS TO CLEAN UP!

. THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE TO PLAY!

. NO MORE MAKING SOUND EFFECTS AS YOU ROLE THE DICE! (am I the only one who does this?)

. YOU CAN SEE THE FIGHTS TAKING PLACE! (computer graphics could go to a cut sceane to show the fight!)

. THE LAND WOULD LOOK MORE REAL! (the lava would have fire shooting out of it, the grass would actually have grass that blows in the wind. etc...)

. THERE WOULD ACTUALLY BE WHETHER! (some game scenarios call for rain or fog)

. AUTOMATIC MATH! (calculates every thing in an instant so you don't have to!)

Keep in mind that this is an idea not intended to replace heroscape the board game, but an alternet way to play.

What do think? Would that be cool or what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
That sounds pretty fun, though I do not like the idea of having to buy boosters for the game, but I do like the idea on how to get the expansions by doing special scenarios. But the one thing that strikes me is how will the new expansions will come into the game? If they make it, it would have to be later on, when hasbro is done releasing expansions. Also, who will make it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone beat you to this. It is called Virtual Valhalla on Vassal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
zman44 wrote:
That sounds pretty fun, though I do not like the idea of having to buy boosters for the game, but I do like the idea on how to get the expansions by doing special scenarios. But the one thing that strikes me is how will the new expansions will come into the game? If they make it, it would have to be later on, when hasbro is done releasing expansions. Also, who will make it?

Like I said in the previous post, when they come out with new expansions for the board game, they would put a code on the back of the package... You go online, type up the code on the site, and it downloads the new sets into your games.

Of coarse each code will be different so even if you enter it in multiple times to get multiples of sets, it won't work. You'll actually have to go out and get the sets.
I'm guessing Hasbro and Blizzard would have to team up for the making of this game.....

And as a responce to the other.... It wouldn't be the same with out the actual Heroscape charicters...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a _boardgame_geek not a _computergame_geek. I love all the bits! The chrome! The little figures I can hold in my hands! The dice that knock everything askew!

But I confess, if there were a computer game that let me game with some of my buddies I hardly see, I'd give it a whirl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
What I'm saying is that I would not like to pay more money on the game, just to play it all for one price. Also, where can I get this virtual valhalla?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

For Virtual Valhala, you should probably start at www.vassalengine.org, where you can get the Vassal engine.

You can get help installing said engine from the good folks at games.groups.yahoo.com/group/vassalengine

Then you can get the Virtual Valhalla module at http://tinyurl.com/ev7a7

b

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
zman44 wrote:
What I'm saying is that I would not like to pay more money on the game, just to play it all for one price. Also, where can I get this virtual valhalla?

I know but I would... Just cause I have the computer version dosen't mean I'll love the boardgame any less. See like I said, Its not a means to replace the game in any way, just an altermatum. Like you wanna bring it to your friends house but you can't cause hes sick or stuck at home. Just play him on the net! Thats all. Not to get rid of the board game. There is just some thing magical and more personal when every thing is right there phisicly before you when you play. Its not the same feeling you get when you play a video game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Maybe I should rephrase that. I don't want to spend any more money on the VIDEO game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
zman44 wrote:
Maybe I should rephrase that. I don't want to spend any more money on the VIDEO game.

I'm saying get the expansions for the board game and on the back of the packages there will be a code for the video game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leonardo balbi
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Heroscape is a great game, although Im not going to buy it . Unless they release a STAR WARS version !!!
At least will see a MARVEL version soon ...
I dont like Dragons, Elf, Fairy..etc etc..all this kind of D&D stuff.

But , with heroes , the picture changes a lot for me. Im not criticizing those who like this caracteres...It ís me , I dont like them , simply...

But ,,,this king of game with a bunch of Stormtroopers fighting a Rancor...
would be great...

and I agree with people here, there are thousands of well-done online RPG´s for masses ...I think the beauty of boardgames is to touch , to face you opponent , to see how he will react ...

From Brazil...
a hug ...
labalbi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
labalbi wrote:
I think Heroscape is a great game, although Im not going to buy it . Unless they release a STAR WARS version !!!
At least will see a MARVEL version soon ...
I dont like Dragons, Elf, Fairy..etc etc..all this kind of D&D stuff.

But , with heroes , the picture changes a lot for me. Im not criticizing those who like this caracteres...It ís me , I dont like them , simply...

But ,,,this king of game with a bunch of Stormtroopers fighting a Rancor...
would be great...

and I agree with people here, there are thousands of well-done online RPG´s for masses ...I think the beauty of boardgames is to touch , to face you opponent , to see how he will react ...

From Brazil...
a hug ...
labalbi...

Well, I know we all have our own opinions, but Star Wars characters don't really fit in the the whole "Battle of all time" theme. It is just stupid to see storm troopers fight with orcs. And by the way, Star Wars has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Heroscapecraze wrote:
zman44 wrote:

I'm saying get the expansions for the board game and on the back of the packages there will be a code for the video game.

The problem with that is then I would have to go out and buy all of my expansions again, because I've already thrown out most of my boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Thats why It would be updated to the very last set that is currently out. You can get those sets by compleating the missions but the rest that come out later would be on the boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Again, that is stupid, because then I would have to go get the sets, which cost time and money. If youe could just unlock stuff that would be a lot easier. Also, a game like this probably will never get created. If you want to play a HeroScape game than go play Virtual Valhalla, and if it doesn't meet your expectations, then I'm sorry that your dreams are never going to come true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Thats why I said it was only an Idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.