Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1. I've been playing a Knight recently in a campaign, and I picked up the Defend ability. If I'm adjacent to an ally, and a Merriod (sp?) uses Flail to attack both of us, can I use Defend to absorb both attacks onto myself?

2a. Jain Fairwood's Heroic Feat allows her to move as part of the action, but this is not expressly a "Move Action." If she uses this ability as her first action, can she then save some of that movement until after her second action? i.e., can she move some, attack twice, then finish moving?

2b. The Overlord card Tripwire can be played when a hero takes a move action. Just to clarify, this means it can't be used when a hero is fatigue-moving or using abilities that allow movement (such as Jain Fairwood's ability or the Knight's Advance ability)?

3a. The Knight's default ability, Oath of Honor, allows the Knight to move adjacent to a monster that's adjacent to an ally within range. However, no limit is given to the number of spaces that the knight can move. Does this mean that, if the most direct path is inaccessible, can the knight take a round-about route that could potentially be a dozen spaces of movement or more (i.e., can the Knight get adjacent as long as there is any legal route to take?)

3b. What if there's no legal route? If all paths to the nearest space adjacent to the monster are blocked, can the knight still get adjacent to the monster?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes

2a. It is not a move action as you said, so no. She has to move double her speed and perform an attack in the beginning, midway, or in the end of that movement. She could not save any MP:s, nor could she make any other actions including another attack while using the heroic feat.

2b.true

3a. The knight will move to the closest empty space, adjacent to the monster. This means, that for example if a monster would be blocking a hall or corridor and would have no empty spaces infront of it, the knight would "teleport" behind it to the closest empty space ( it does not need to have a "legal" route)

3b. If all spaces adjacent to the moster are blocked, the knight cant get adjacent, though if there would be even 1 space empty, the skill does not require an open path if thats what you mean ( you cant block the "path", since the knight "teleports").

Edit: to be more precise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adny Riik
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
1. I've been playing a Knight recently in a campaign, and I picked up the Defend ability. If I'm adjacent to an ally, and a Merriod (sp?) uses Flail to attack both of us, can I use Defend to absorb both attacks onto myself?
yes, he can
FFG sez wrote:
Q: When monster uses skills like Flail, Leap, which target number of heroes, one of which is Knight, can Knight use Defend? What will the effect be? The figure cannot be attacked by the same attack twice, so does it cancel out one of targets?
Quote:
Yes, the Knight may use Defend against attacks that target multiple heroes. This is a fine distinction of nomenclature between "targeting" and "targeted by". Technically, the (let's say merriod) merriod is targeting 2 different heroes, one of which is the Knight. The Knight uses defend to declare himself the target of the other attack as well, so both attacks affect him, and he rolls his defense dice once for each attack.

Novacat wrote:
2a. Jain Fairwood's Heroic Feat allows her to move as part of the action, but this is not expressly a "Move Action." If she uses this ability as her first action, can she then save some of that movement until after her second action? i.e., can she move some, attack twice, then finish moving?
No. Only move action can be interrupted and this, as you said, is not a move action.

Novacat wrote:
2b. The Overlord card Tripwire can be played when a hero takes a move action. Just to clarify, this means it can't be used when a hero is fatigue-moving or using abilities that allow movement (such as Jain Fairwood's ability or the Knight's Advance ability)?
Tripwire can only be played on a move action, other movement is safe.

Novacat wrote:
3a. The Knight's default ability, Oath of Honor, allows the Knight to move adjacent to a monster that's adjacent to an ally within range. However, no limit is given to the number of spaces that the knight can move. Does this mean that, if the most direct path is inaccessible, can the knight take a round-about route that could potentially be a dozen spaces of movement or more (i.e., can the Knight get adjacent as long as there is any legal route to take?)

3b. What if there's no legal route? If all paths to the nearest space adjacent to the monster are blocked, can the knight still get adjacent to the monster?
Oath of Honor is not a movement, the knight is teleported to the closest empty space adjacent to the targeted monster

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
[...]

Chase and Adny already answered these questions, but I wish to further clarify and expand the answer to the first.

The Knight may defend his ally from the Flail attack because it targets both heroes. He also could use it against the Fire ability of an Elemental for the same reason.

He cannot use Defend when an attack simply affects his adjacent ally. For example, the Fire Breath ability or Blast effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks guys. That clears up a lot. As we get further into the game, we're starting to really appreciate how poorly written some of the rules are. The interpretation of some parts of the rules has become somewhat fluid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.