Thayne Weston
United States
Nibley
Utah
flag msg tools
The die has been cast- Julius Caesar
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning on playing robinson family solo soon. I assume it doesn't work as well to solo in the standard fashion of one character, Friday, and the dog, so....

What is the best character count for this one?

While we are at it, any other scenarios that you think have a best number of players for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Solo Robinson Family
Personally, I'm a big fan of the 1 Character, Friday and Dog combo. Don't kick it 'til you've tried it.
That said, I've also tried it 2 char + Friday and 3 char ..and enjoyed them too. I did find it was actually a bit more tricky with the larger number of characters ... but I have only been playing the Castaway scenario ...it may be different with the other scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Watson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not sure there's any that you could say have an ideal group size. More characters grant more useful abilities and actions, but are also additional mouths to feed, as well as the other problems they can bring along.

Main advantage of solo is that neither Friday nor the dog require feeding, lower morale or bring potentially dangerous snakes back to camp.

A better question might be which characters are better suited to each scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.