19 Posts

Zombicide Season 2: Prison Outbreak» Forums » General

Subject: Few simple questions NOOOB, PLS Help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Panos Panagiotidis
msg tools
Hello
I am new at this game and have a few questions.
1. I was going through the equipment cards and was wondering what the bag of rice, water and canned food does??

2. Can you get rid of the wounded cards?, like eating food?? (look question 1)

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PanMan wrote:
1. I was going through the equipment cards and was wondering what the bag of rice, water and canned food does??

It depends on the objectives for a mission. Some missions (for example A1 - Lost) require the survivors to collect a number of food items equal to the number of survivors and escape with them. In other missions these cards just serve the function of 'diluting' the equipment deck. That way, not every search gives the survivors something useful.

PanMan wrote:
2. Can you get rid of the wounded cards?, like eating food?? (look question 1)

Not in the current rules, no. You could add it as a special rule in a scenario of your own design, though.

This brings me to another useful role of these 3 equipment cards. If you have one of them in your inventory, and need to discard a card because a zombie wounds you, it's better to throw away a canned food card than a pistol.

I hope this answers your question. Have fun playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panos Panagiotidis
msg tools
Wow fast response. Thanks for the info.

One more foolow up question:
Do the players have one search/play?? But cars you can search until you find a weapon???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They can search once per turn, either in a building room without zombies, or in a police car/pimp mobile as long as there aren't any zombies in the space.

When they search a police car, they may keep drawing cards untill they either draw a weapon or aan 'Aaaaagh'-card. If they're searching a pimp mobile, they randomly draw one of the pimpmobile weapon(which is only the Gunblade in Season 2, I think, but in Season 1 can either be Ma's Gun or Evil Twins).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panos Panagiotidis
msg tools
Thank you very much for the help
Have a good weekend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
If a survivor has the 'medic' skill, he can get rid of the wounded marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panos Panagiotidis
msg tools
I played a round this weekend and came up with a few questions. I hope someone can help me with those.
Question:

1. When I am inside a building and are about to step out of the door, does it count as a moveaction?? To enter buildings

2. I took a zombie-card and it stood “cut them down” on top of it. Does it mean that I am suppose to use just melee???

3. When a survivor is in the same spot as a fatty and two walkers how does combat play out?? Is it three actions or can one action kill all of them if the survivor has the automatic shotgun or something???

I appreciate all answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PanMan wrote:
1. When I am inside a building and are about to step out of the door, does it count as a moveaction?? To enter buildings

Yes, it counts as a move action.

PanMan wrote:
2. I took a zombie-card and it stood “cut them down” on top of it. Does it mean that I am suppose to use just melee???

Yes and no. The text on top of the cards is just for flavor, you have a card that says "It's frag time!" as well. But the card that says "Cut them down!" also has a brown corner and the Berserker symbol (fist with a knife). This means it spawns the brown berserker zombies, which can only be killed with melee weapons and the flavour text serves to remind you of that.

PanMan wrote:
3. When a survivor is in the same spot as a fatty and two walkers how does combat play out?? Is it three actions or can one action kill all of them if the survivor has the automatic shotgun or something???

A combat action lets you roll all the dice mentioned on the weapon card you use. That card also shows the minimum number required to score a hit. Each die that rolled a hit, kills one zombie (if it has the required damage value). A pistol, for example, rolls 1 die and hits on 4+. So a roll of 5 with a pistol kills one zombie.

Your automatic shotgun rolls 3 dice, which hit on a 5+, so each 5 or 6 rolled, kills one zombie. Be aware that ranged weapons have to follow a target priority when assigning hits to zombies, even when standing in the same zone. Walkers get killed before Fatties. So if you'd only score two hits, the Walkers would be dead, you can't choose to kill the Fatty and one Walker. To kill a Fatty you need a weapon with a damage value of 2 (which the automatic shotugn has, but the pistol hasn't).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
PanMan wrote:
I played a round this weekend and came up with a few questions. I hope someone can help me with those.
Question:

I appreciate all answers.

1. Yes, Every move between zones is a moveaction.
2. Cut them down spawns berserker zombies.
3. Each dice counts as a Hit if it exceeds the needed dice result. So 4 4 6 would kill All three zombies with One shotaction

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panos Panagiotidis
msg tools
Woohooo thanks for all the answers guys. This makes it a lot easier.
ONE more question.

In the Rulesbook about move it says:
If there are Zombies in the Zone the Survivor is attempting to
leave, he must spend one extra Action per Zombie to leave
the Zone.

Does it mean that i have to kill the zombies before i can use the moveaction???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can still leave but it might cost you extra actions. If there is just one zombie then it costs you two actions, two zombies then it costs three actions etc. As you can see once it gets to four zombies it becomes impossible to move so you would then have to kill some (or all) of the zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panos Panagiotidis
msg tools
Awesome thanks

If i want to dual-wield say pistols, do i have to have 2 pistol equipment cards???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
Twilight struggling to find time to play
badge
Twilight struggling to find time to play
mbmbmbmbmb
yes.
Some skills may allow you to search for the second weapon when finding the first, but usually you will have to find/trade both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panos Panagiotidis
msg tools
Thanks for all the help.
My question today is:

When it is my survivors turn and I stand in front of a door, I use my first action to open the door. Then I draw a zombiecard and say I get one walker. With my second action I get in the room and my third action I roll the dice to see if I can kill the zombie. Can I do what I described???

If I have a ranged weapon, can I shoot the zombie after my first action??? (first action was opening the door)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PanMan wrote:
Thanks for all the help.
My question today is:

When it is my survivors turn and I stand in front of a door, I use my first action to open the door. Then I draw a zombiecard and say I get one walker. With my second action I get in the room and my third action I roll the dice to see if I can kill the zombie. Can I do what I described???

If I have a ranged weapon, can I shoot the zombie after my first action??? (first action was opening the door)

Yes to both, opening the door is an action and then you can use your other actions as usual once you've spawned inside the building. Don't forget that you flip one spawn card per room though, and not just for the first room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panos Panagiotidis
msg tools
Hello everybody

I played the tutorialmission on Zombicide Season 2 with a friend and have a few questions:

1. When i drew the green objective, then an abomination will respawn. It respawns in the zone that you are. Does he respawn in the room where i find the objective? Or can he respawn outside?
How much damage does an abomination do to a survivor?

2. How much damage does a fatty do to a survivor?

3. When o throw a molotov does it kill everything in that zone?

4. If a survivor is in a zone with 2 walkers can the survivor open a door to go inside a building? Is it ordinary actions?

5. In the tutorialmission the Exit is in a closed area and there is a zombiespawn point. How do the zombies move inside that area when it is their turn and how do survivors clear that area?

6. Dual weapons, is it doubledamage?

Thanks for all the answers.

P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PanMan wrote:
Hello everybody

I played the tutorialmission on Zombicide Season 2 with a friend and have a few questions:

1. When i drew the green objective, then an abomination will respawn. It respawns in the zone that you are. Does he respawn in the room where i find the objective? Or can he respawn outside?
How much damage does an abomination do to a survivor?

2. How much damage does a fatty do to a survivor?

3. When o throw a molotov does it kill everything in that zone?

4. If a survivor is in a zone with 2 walkers can the survivor open a door to go inside a building? Is it ordinary actions?

5. In the tutorialmission the Exit is in a closed area and there is a zombiespawn point. How do the zombies move inside that area when it is their turn and how do survivors clear that area?

6. Dual weapons, is it doubledamage?

Thanks for all the answers.

P

1. It depends on what the mission rules say. Most likely they will spawn in the room with the objective. They do one damage to survivors.

2. One wound

3. Yes (including survivors)

4. It can open the door. But don't forget that if it wants to leave the zone it costs one extra AP per zombie in the zone (so it would cost 3 actions in your example to leave the zone).

5. Those yellow lines indicate separate zones. So the spawn point is in one and the Exit is in another.

6. No, just double dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panos Panagiotidis
msg tools
Wow thanks for the answers.

Two more questions.

1. If the abomination is in the same zone as 3 survivors, does all the survivors get one damage or just one?

2. In the tutorialmission again when you get the purple objective you get a key for the purple door. When i open the purple doorcto the closed area where all the walkers are can they get out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PanMan wrote:
Wow thanks for the answers.

Two more questions.

1. If the abomination is in the same zone as 3 survivors, does all the survivors get one damage or just one?

2. In the tutorialmission again when you get the purple objective you get a key for the purple door. When i open the purple doorcto the closed area where all the walkers are can they get out?

1. They just attack one survivor (welcome to Zombicide lesson #1 - Abominations are not scary!)

2. Yes, it works just like a normal door (although likelihood is that you'll just open the door and get to the Exit before the zombies start coming out. You still have to open the door as usual, you just can't open it until you've got the key).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.