Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to get this lovely game to the table last night, and set it up as a three player solo game to re-acquaint myself with the rules. (I just play the different 'players' to the best of my ability - I've always been able to adopt a split personality to play board games, as it was the only way I could get to play when I was younger!)

Once I had played a couple of turns to remind me, it flowed very smoothly. The cards came out in such a way that I was able to complete jobs in certain areas without the need to move that much. Therefore at the end of the game I hadn't removed all of the sheep at some of the towns and locations (villages).

Gold and coal were distinctly rare in this session, therefore only a few event cards were bought for the end of game bonus. (My 'Player 3' didn't get to purchase one so didn't get a bonus. End game scores were 32, 30 and 23.)

Here is the end game position:

As well as providing a competitive game for experienced gamers, I can see this being taught easily to younger gamers, as an introduction to more complex gaming elements, beyond the 'roll and move' style of gaming.

A joy to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.