Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Will there be a competitive mode, or just co-op?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well, the rulebook answered that question. I guess I will have to come up with pvp rules on my own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Haynes
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
peterpotamus wrote:
Well, the rulebook answered that question. I guess I will have to come up with pvp rules on my own.

I hate to ask this, but why? It's a cooperative game. There are plenty of card games and other board games that are PvP oriented, like Legendary or even Ascension. If you are looking for something Sci-Fi, wait for Legendary : Aliens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vryllyn wrote:
peterpotamus wrote:

I hate to ask this, but why? It's a cooperative game. There are plenty of card games and other board games that are PvP oriented, like Legendary or even Ascension. If you are looking for something Sci-Fi, wait for Legendary : Aliens.

Legendary: Aliens is co-op.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Haynes
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
Vryllyn wrote:
peterpotamus wrote:

If it plays like the standard Marvel Legendary, then it's semi co-op. Where you still have a winner at the end out of everyone that is playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vryllyn wrote:
lfisher wrote:
Vryllyn wrote:
peterpotamus wrote:

If it plays like the standard Marvel Legendary, then it's semi co-op. Where you still have a winner at the end out of everyone that is playing.

It doesn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Vryllyn wrote:
peterpotamus wrote:

Because I love competitive games and don't enjoy co-op one bit. I can get through a game of Death Angel, but only because of the awesome theme and tension, which is also why I am backing Xenoshyft.

If the game proves impossible to homerule as pvp, I hope it's very freaking hard. It does seem to deliver on immersion, which is great.

Don't get me wrong, by the way, I am not knocking co-op games, they're just not my thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Davis
msg tools
mbmb
At the beginning of each turn, deal each player 6 Hive cards from the current wave. They may deploy any four in any order in the row of the player to their left. Remove the boss cards from the stack before playing. When you eliminate a player on your left, draw a random boss card from the current wave at the start of your next turn (in addition to the 6 hive cards you are ordinarily dealt).

Players take turns purchasing troop/equipment cards, starting with the first player and moving clockwise. Each player's HQ has 30 hp. Players may still play cards on other peoples' turns to assist them. Last player standing wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peterpotamus wrote:

Because I love competitive games and don't enjoy co-op one bit. I can get through a game of Death Angel, but only because of the awesome theme and tension, which is also why I am backing Xenoshyft.

If the game proves impossible to homerule as pvp, I hope it's very freaking hard. It does seem to deliver on immersion, which is great.

Don't get me wrong, by the way, I am not knocking co-op games, they're just not my thing.

I think it's just that people always seem to want to alter games that aren't designed in a manner that they enjoy to be so, despite the fact that there are other games that would better fill your needs without alteration.

I could see if this was something like Star Wars, where you really can't get the same "fix" without that theme. But it's a pretty generic sci-fi horror theme, and there are other games out there in that genre.

Not every game can be for everyone, and not everyone should enjoy every game just because it exists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
I think it's just that people always seem to want to alter games that aren't designed in a manner that they enjoy to be so, despite the fact that there are other games that would better fill your needs without alteration.

Very few games fill my needs haha. That's why when something like this comes along, with its awesome theme and streamlined gameplay, I scramble to make it more enjoyable for myself.

tangmcgame wrote:
At the beginning of each turn, deal each player 6 Hive cards from the current wave. They may deploy any four in any order in the row of the player to their left. Remove the boss cards from the stack before playing. When you eliminate a player on your left, draw a random boss card from the current wave at the start of your next turn (in addition to the 6 hive cards you are ordinarily dealt).

Players take turns purchasing troop/equipment cards, starting with the first player and moving clockwise. Each player's HQ has 30 hp. Players may still play cards on other peoples' turns to assist them. Last player standing wins.

Thanks man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Davis
msg tools
mbmb
No problem. Anything I can do to gather backers and help the cause!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.