Subject: Differences in printings? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides the new cover art, are there any appreciable differences? Is there any reason I would want or not want the newest printing vs just buying a used copy of the old one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I presume you're asking about the Core set?

The cards are the same. I've heard that in the new printing the folding board is shrink-wrapped instead of being in a zip-lock bag, but that's pretty inconsequential. I think someone said the Cthulhu statues in the new version are hollow now - not certain on that.

Anyway, none of the differences are significant to me. If you can get the old printing for cheaper then I'd do that.

If you happened to buy one of the go7 wooden card organizers that was on Kickstarter a while back, the new and old boxes are very slightly a different size so that you need a different model organizer.

Now, if you're asking about Secrets of Arkham then you do want the new printing because it has 3x of every card where the old printing had 2x of every card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the hollow domain markers were already a feature in the previous printing (though not the original issue), and that the shrink-wrapped board is a new difference. But these things are certainly negligible from the perspective of game play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because nobody noted the difference in the manuals here they are:

This is the original print: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/coc/support/co...

This is the reprinted one: https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/05/40...

Sadly I don't have the reprinted one to see if exist differences in the cards artwork (I bet that differences exist).

P.S. my version have the artwork from the original but with few modification taken from the reprint one.

P.S. 2 can someone compare side by side all the cards from the original and the reprinted one and post the report?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.