Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you put any resources on blind buy?

For stores purchasing The Collective Tournament Ship Bricks, the suggested format for the events are for players to pre-build a fleet of 90 points and— using the contents of their ship pack they drew from The Collective Tournament Ship Brick— field a 30 point ship that they add to their fleet. Each ship pack contains options for generic/named ship, captains and upgrades that can provide multiple different configurations for a 30 point ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
They hadn't posted the rules yet for any of The Collective Tournaments so it's still up in the air. I expect they will still suggested 1 resource for the 90 points + 30 blind buy format as they are using resources for the Participation prizes in The Collective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ginever
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skyguard wrote:
They hadn't posted the rules yet for any of The Collective Tournaments so it's still up in the air. I expect they will still suggested 1 resource for the 90 points + 30 blind buy format as they are using resources for the Participation prizes in The Collective.

I think the only resources that will be affected are the flagship cards, the reinforcement sideboard and elite attack dice aren't keyed to a certain ship, and how I read the skilled helmsman resource you don't key that to a certain ship until the start of the game when you add the template to the card of the ship you are equipping it to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only 100% accurate answer you can get from these forums is "Ask your TO." Mainly it will depend on if your TO plans to use the suggested format, and if so, how the TO interprets what is being said.

If its build 90pts then use the booster to make a 30pt ship and combine the two, then there is no room for something like a Flagship to get added to the 30pt ship. If its bring 90 pts, then add 30 pts from the boosters, that opens it up to be interpreted as allowing upgrades/resources from the 90pts and the 30pts to be switched up as you see fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think that all of the 30 SP would have to come from the blind booster, so you wouldn't be able to allot the resource to that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's build a 30 point ship from the booster I can see the Reinforcement sideboard being a popular option during the collective.

All of the ships revealed so far have a crew or weapon option available so options that are useful by themselves would be good.

Do you play Romulan - stick an Interphase Generator on the sideboard.

If you get the Rom ship load it up, if not load it on one of your 90 point build.

All sorts of shenanigans become possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, seems like flagships are the only relevant one to question. Fighters aren't attached to another ship, the EAD/Command Tokens/Sideboard are just a part of your fleet, and the rules card for the Skilled Helmsman implies its something you assign at the start of each battle (not in fleet construction).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By strict reading of the rules, you would have to include the resource in your 90 point build, so it would already have to be allocated before you added in the 30 points from the blind booster. As always though it is up to each individual TO to decide on how they want to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.