Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fangotango
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am curious about the status of Tunis and Beirut as supply sources for Vichy and Free French units, and whether the "side" each city can supply is locked in after the colony die rolls, or if they can act as supply sources for either side of French units as circumstances change.

(1) The Vichy/Free French die rolls are made at the fall of France.

(a) Once the Vichy/Free French die rolls are made, can Tunis or Beirut ever act as a supply source for the other side? For example. Lebanon-Syria goes Vichy at the fall of France. The British then conquer Lebanon-Syria. Is Beirut now a supply source for Free French units until the Axis reconquer?

(b) If Beirut can switch sides, what if Britain only captures Beirut, but does not capture all the cities in Lebanon-Syria? Is that enough to make it a Free French supply source?

(2) Tunis becomes Axis controlled before the fall of France. North Africa later becomes Vichy via the colony die rolls.

(a) Is Tunis a supply source for Vichy units? If yes, in what circumstances? That is, before or after activation as a Minor Ally?

(b) If the Allies capture Tunis, does it become a Free French supply source?

(3) Tunis becomes Axis controlled before the fall of France. North Africa later becomes Free French via the colony die rolls.

(a) Is Tunis a Vichy supply source?

(b) Can Tunis supply Free French units if captured by the Allies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
craig grinnell
United States
speer
Illinois
flag msg tools
Screaming Eagle and Damn Proud of it!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa. There's more than I'm able to answer, but since i clearly cant shut up...
fangotango wrote:

(3) Tunis becomes Axis controlled before the fall of France. North Africa later becomes Free French via the colony die rolls.

(a) Is Tunis a Vichy supply source?

(b) Can Tunis supply Free French units if captured by the Allies?

A... No. Tunis is simply Axis controlled territory. There would be no vichy units to supply there anyways if NA was free.

B+++ Probably. It would be like any other supply source with the limitation of being only available for free french fries

Feel free to ignore my ramblings, most people do

(editted because I apparently cant spell either )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Again you've raised some interesting questions. In the past I have played that it can provide supply for 'the other side' if / when control changes hands. However, I think that raises a number of problems from a consistency perspective. Quoting the rule:

Quote:
27.12 ... Tunis and Beirut are sources of supply for French units, but this supply cannot be shared with other nationalities. After these ports become Free French or Vichy they can supply only Free French or Vichy units respectively...

I think the part about "after they become" and "can supply only" could be read as it being a one time determination when French colony control is determined upon French surrender. Thinking about it, there isn't really any Free French control - FF units are in effect British units and would bestow British control on any enemy controlled hex they occupied. Vichy could not capture a hex while inactive and effectively becomes a German minor once active. So again there isn't really any possibility of Vichy gaining control per se (it would be German if Vichy units captured a hex). So I think the better way to read it is as a one time determination. If such a hex is captured by the other side it would be denied as a supply source, but it would not become one for the other side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.