Subject: Simple Icebreaker question... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure this has been answered but i searched high and low (including google-fu) and i am just unsure.

For ice breakers, how many times can you use the same option. Mimic for example

As the runner, can you use Mimics ability "break sentry subroutine" multiple times on the same piece of ice (say spending more then 1 credit)? Or is it only one use per ice?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
Boze wrote:
I am sure this has been answered but i searched high and low (including google-fu) and i am just unsure.

For ice breakers, how many times can you use the same option. Mimic for example

As the runner, can you use Mimics ability "break sentry subroutine" multiple times on the same piece of ice (say spending more then 1 credit)? Or is it only one use per ice?

Thanks!

As many times as you want. The game would be much harder the other way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wow thats crazy

so those ice breakers that have 0 for their ability such as

once installed can essentially take out as many subroutines in one ice as possible... for free?!?!?

That seems broken to me! But what do i know (jack shit hah)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yog.0 is very good. Keep in mind however that it is strength 3, which means it can only be used against ice with 3 or less strength. You will need support (Datasucker, Ice Carver, Wyrm, etc) to beat some of the stronger code gates with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, remember that strength is key to Icebreakers! You might be able to break some things for free, but the moment you see a code gate with strength 4, you're stuck without some support. And it only affects one type of ice, of course.

Ice in the game is only intended to keep the runner out for a while. Every piece of ice can and should be able to be broken, but first the runner needs to get the right icebreaker into play, and then possibly also pay more to use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wheels
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boze wrote:

That seems broken to me! But what do i know (jack shit hah)

Keep in mind, as Tables said, for the most part ice is meant to be only temporary protection from the runner.

Remember, if the corp could ice up a server that the runner can't get into, the game becomes no fun - it would just be install and score until 7 points. The tension comes from the runner generally only being able to afford a limited number of runs, thus making their decisions on what and when to run very important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yog is about the best icebreaker in the game, so yeah, you got it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
Yog is about the best icebreaker in the game, so yeah, you got it right.

Not for long! Lotus Field.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And don't forget that Yog.0 only breaks ICE with the subtype "Code Gate".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.