Chris May
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Feeling lucky punk? Well, do ya?
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone working on a full rules compilation for memoir and all its expansions? I would like to see one that incorporated the faq and included all the rules introduced in the whole system.

If no one at DOW is working on one how would I go about getting permission to make one? I understand I could make it for myself but I would like to have access to the great images and backgrounds from the rulebooks and faq and permission to actually upload it to bgg.

I would like to see the book organized by type of rules like the faq is. I would then incorporate the faq directly into the text of the rules wherever it was possible.

I am not an expert in document creation of this magnitude so Any insight anyone has would be helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing like carrying around a phone book.... The idea does have some merit but would unfortunately be a lot of work... a labor of love for an M'44 zealot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S H
United States
Merrillville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't the Card Compendium (almost) fill the bill?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe C Faust
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've lobbied for many years for them to release a looseleaf binder of rules, and as expansions come out, they come with new pages that you add to and replace old as necessary. Kind of like the old Soviet encyclopedias.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes this would be nice. And I don't think it would be too long as the rules themselves are not that long and you could delete all the redundancies. For instance, only 1 description of mines (rather than 5) and then you could include which mines come with which expansion
(WW 00012; TP 0001122334; MT 00012234; PT 01124; EF 01224). Then when you wanted to look up a rule or (re)read the rules, you could do it in one place. I would think DoW wouldn't have any problem with this non-commercial use since it's already public and would promote the game. I would just email someone there, and by the time you cut and paste your way through the rules and FAQ, you likely would get an okay by them (or then send them your completed product for ok if they haven't gotten back to you yet).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boddekker wrote:
I've lobbied for many years for them to release a looseleaf binder of rules, and as expansions come out, they come with new pages that you add to and replace old as necessary. Kind of like the old Soviet encyclopedias.

And Advanced Squad Leader!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
does this fit the bill?
http://cdn0.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/img/mm_rassmussen81...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamov
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Between those two things:

http://www.orderofgamers.com/memoir-44-v3-4 (rules compilation)
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/123154/memoir-44-expan... (expansions and scenarios compilation)

...you are pretty covered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't DoW put out a hardcover in French of the rules, or was that just a strategy guide?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Springheeledjack wrote:
Didn't DoW put out a hardcover in French of the rules, or was that just a strategy guide?

An strategy guide, that incidentally, it should come to the light in English soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron H
United States
Washington
Missouri
flag msg tools
I play Memor 44,Tide of Iron, and Axis and Allies:1942!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You want a binder of rules, why not make your own, like this:

I have rules from all the expansions in there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.