Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Boyd
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have any ideas concerning making the game into a campaign? I've been thinking about it a lot and it seems to me that the game would lend itself well to a campaign. I've tried to carry over once and it seemed that the second GOO was easier to defeat.

Campaign Variant Ideas:
Keep a limited amount of items and allies.
Keep a limited amount of spells (possibly random)
Keep 1 artifact
Keep all conditions
Keep all improvements
Keep 1 clue
All investigators who die are permanently removed from the game until the campaign is over. Those investigators may not be chosen for the rest of the campaign. Players must defeat all GOOs in order to win the campaign.

So, this would most likely give players an advantage going into the next GOO. The only time they would be disadvantaged is when they had a great number of conditions (or very severe ones such as dark pact), or had several key investigators die early on.

Each player could keep their character in a baggy along with their kept possessions and recording improvements on a piece of paper.

I'd love to hear some other ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Cirone
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I would like something about the state of the board to carry over from game to game too.

Perhaps monsters, gates, and/or clues on the board at game end remain on the board instead of the normal set-up procedure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Jayne Starlancer wrote:

Perhaps monsters, gates, and/or clues on the board at game end remain on the board instead of the normal set-up procedure?

You're kidding, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Boyd
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
Jayne Starlancer wrote:

You're kidding, right?

We're gonna need a bigger boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Alfredsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After the AO is defeated, one could play the game as (nearly) normal and at the beginning of the mythos phase everyone wether to do the event on the mythos card before turning it over. (There is after all a chance to get an easy elder sign card)

Other than that, everything happens as normal but no doom is advanced, ignore all references to the AO (since he's gone) and new gates are only opened through monster surges.

Cultist are automatically defeated when fought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Anderson
msg tools
Rising Darkness campaign system
Hey come over and check out my new campaign system and let me know what you think!

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/21135440#21135440

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.