Popular Tags: [View All]
HMS Iron Duke
United States
Bartlett
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lee,

Any chance of seeing a 1942/43/44 raid level game over Germany? B-17's/B-24's/Wellington's etc against an embattled Luftwaffe trying to defend the Reich?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's do-able, but may have to be rescaled significantly. At TBB's scale a Berlin raid would require three or four maps and more hours to play than I'd be comfortable with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HMS Iron Duke
United States
Bartlett
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And then you would have the really difficult task of naming the game.

Pickle Barrel

or

Roofless Fortress

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johnny5 Is Alive
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's ok, I like more maps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lee,
One of my favorite games was Westend's RAF, had you ever thought of doing a solitaire game on The Battle of Britan? I had thought of one that would be a solitate card type game that would be easy to play or maybe a two player one. I didn't get Downtown or Burning Blue do to the low solitaire factor but they are excellent sims.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John Butterfield is working on a second edition of RAF and I'm pointing him at some of the more modern research on the subject. With JB doing his thing, another solo game on the subject seems superfluous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.