BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Does any cool Soccergame excist? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Hey Ladies and Gentlemen,

do you know a cool Soccergame? It´s mechanic shouldn´t be that simple and please don´t recommend something like Tipp-Kick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure you can find something here:

The Definitive list of Soccer games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
StreetSoccer

Disclaimer: I've never actually played StreetSoccer, but I have played 3 other good games by the same designer (BasketBoss, Powerboats, and Factory Fun).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Streetsoccer is the best. It's a 5-a-side version. It is way more tactical that it appears, is very quick, easy and fun. Once you've learnt Streetsoccer, you can play Champions 2020, which is the full 11 player international teams version, with goal-saves, intercepts, corners, throw-ins and fouls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh You mean football... devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Kurczyna
United Kingdom
Doncaster
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the difference is? Before you say anything - soccer (the word) originated in the UK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
gaseki wrote:
And the difference is? Before you say anything - soccer (the word) originated in the UK
Totally on your side. Apparently it was normally called soccer by the working classes until the 1960's. That's what Danny Baker said at least.

Whilst brits will say "No!! It's Football!!" they're vastly more likely to know where the word Soccer comes from compared to Muricans. :

How about a little love for a new Football themed game launched by a friend at the UK Expo last week?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/571379634/next-england-...

There were actually a hell of a lot of Football games at the Expo, some were very much on the simulation end of things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick South
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The people that make Second Season Football and History Makers Baseball are coming out with a soccer game at the end of the month called Soccer Blast. I'll probably pick that up. It looks pretty good.

I would love to see a great soccer management game come out. I looked through the list and most are older (and poorly rated) or just PnP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Martz
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Try Soccero (second edition). I really like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.