Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go ahead throw your questions/comments in here too if you'd rather not make a new thread.

The rules are very subtle about a key rule in this game so I'm just posting this to make sure I do have it right.

*When a vote is cast that vote CAN be changed if a player adds more influence on that politician so long as the NEXT vote has yet to be cast.

Also, the increasing influence section isn't totally clear.

First, it doesn't state the the added influence must be made public but I believe it's supposed to be. Nor does it say the added influence must be on a politician that you previously had influence on. I think it's supposed to be unless an intrigue card overrides that.

There seems to be 3 different things you can do and you choose 1: either A)add two influence points, B)draw two intrigue cards, C) add one influence point and play one intrigue card. If this is true then which option would be letting you place influence and drawing cards; which the last sentence points out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dietz
United States
Sigel
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In the added influence part of 3/6/9--influence can be placed on any politician. It is public.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIK FONTANA
United States
St. George
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Guys,
Thanks for fielding questions. I just got my new edition copy. Yes, one die is missing as well as a 6th player mate. But for $25 on K/S, including postage, this was a great deal, with excellent production value.
H o w e v e r..... I'm more than a little disappointed with lack of clarity in some of the rules. Mainly 'when to stop'.

For example: 2. PURGES. The 'How to' rule is clear enough. But can the player make as many attempts as he would like, aging like 30 years in the process? That seems odd but I don't see any rule for how many times Purges can be attempted in 1 turn. I played the old version years ago and thought one had to stop after the first 'miss' and 3-year age advance. Also, I remember that even Success aged the KGB agent one year but again I don't see it in the rules. Why is this not clearly stated?

Likewise: 3. SPY INVESTIGATIONS. It's nice the Investigation rules are so short. But it's NOT good that we are sitting there arguing how many times the Def/Min can use his abilitys. We could not find a rule saying there were limits.

So help! Anyone who is Sure of the correct answer, please let us know. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the problem is I can give you answers to how the game has been played but I don't know which version in the new edition may have changed that.

I'm pretty certain every version says the kgb can keep on purging as long as he's successful, age 1 per success.

defense minister can open or close as many investigations as is possible. I think you can only do 1 trial though. Condemnations used to be allowed only if you did nothing else, but this edition seems to have changed that, which might be a good change actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:
the problem is I can give you answers to how the game has been played but I don't know which version in the new edition may have changed that.

I'm pretty certain every version says the kgb can keep on purging as long as he's successful, age 1 per success.

Going by the AH edition this would be correct, also aging 3 for a failure which would end the phase.

Quote:
defense minister can open or close as many investigations as is possible. I think you can only do 1 trial though. Condemnations used to be allowed only if you did nothing else, but this edition seems to have changed that, which might be a good change actually.

Again from AH edition, condemnation was instead of holding a trial, opening and closing investigations could still be done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
manus trium
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are the terms "hidden influence" and "undeclared influence" the same thing? "Hidden influence" doesn't come up in the rulebook much but one important place it shows up is in the Victory section of the Standard Version (pg 7).

"All hidden Influence on the Party Chief is now revealed and whoever controls the Party Chief after all Influence is revealed wins the game."

I take this sentence to mean that everyone reveals their "undeclared influence" written in the politician who is Party Chief's row on their sheets and whoever has the most wins?

Thanks so much!
manu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
another inconsistency I would say. They must mean the same thing I'd say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stewart
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about taking a cure. If you take a cure and have two red cross markers, does it take two turns in the sanatorium to remove each red cross marker? Or does it just take one turn to remove both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evanstewy wrote:
I have a question about taking a cure. If you take a cure and have two red cross markers, does it take two turns in the sanatorium to remove each red cross marker? Or does it just take one turn to remove both?

Your thinking is a bit off. The sanatorium doesn't cure anything. It only increases your chances of recovering your health. You still roll on the health chart whether you're there or not. You can only ever recover one "step" a round. So two red crosses, known as "ill", would require two recover results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.