Popular Tags: [View All]
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey I know this game is 2-5 players. But what number is it best with? And does it still work well at the extreme ends (2 players and 5 players)?

Hows it compare to TTR Europe in terms of scalability and complexity/depth?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
It works fine all the way from 2 through 5. Probably best with 4 but fine with all counts.

IMHO Europe's long ticket sorting reduces some luck of the draw, but I don't like the stations or the tunnels, so I prefer USA to Europe most of the time. My favorite is USA+1910 (but then USA and Europe are the only maps I've tried).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, so it still works fine with just 2 players? Alright then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's pretty good for 2 as long as you're okay with a more "screw-you" kind of game (since double routes are not open).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Wohlganger
United States
Valley City
ND
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though it's not supposed to be played this way, my wife and I allow double routes to be taken in two-player games. There can still be some "screw you" moments, they're just less frequent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
charek wrote:
Even though it's not supposed to be played this way, my wife and I allow double routes to be taken in two-player games. There can still be some "screw you" moments, they're just less frequent.

That sounds pretty uncompetitive...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW can anyone comment on TTR vs TTR Europe's playtime? Is it the same or is one longer by more than 15 minutes?

I think TTR Europe has more trains, but I dont know about length of play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Wohlganger
United States
Valley City
ND
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
charek wrote:

That sounds pretty uncompetitive...

It still gets competitive, but it's usually more indirect, and blocks require more effort. It makes it have levels of conflict closer to Race for the Galaxy or Agricola as opposed to direct conflicts like chess or wargames. It turned our games from being a challenge to see who could complete any routes - a block often cost an opponent more points than anything it might cost you - to who could get the most expensive and efficient routes, and race to burn through trains before the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
NowOrNever88 wrote:
BTW can anyone comment on TTR vs TTR Europe's playtime? Is it the same or is one longer by more than 15 minutes?

I think TTR Europe has more trains, but I dont know about length of play.

Same number of trains, no difference in playtime (as far as I have noticed but of course it goes faster playing a map you are used to than trying a new one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.