Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Erb
United States
Wauwatosa
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know if the gravity feeds are sealed in plastic when they are unopened and brand new? i see a lot of 'new unopened' listings on ebay and some look like they are sealed in plastic, some don't. so i guess as an fyi for buyers (not me, i'm not paying $80+) what should they be looking for to ensure that they don't have the leftovers in case someone picked through a bunch to get ultra rares and then repacked a box with potential 'crap' boosters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
I have bought two gravity feeds (1@FLGS and 1@cool stuff inc) and both were unsealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two booster gravity feeds I bought were both sealed. I'd be too worried about a booster not in shrink to buy it, although I also imagine packing crap boosters back in the box would be a bit of a pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've had 2 gravity feeds and neither were shrinkwrapped. I got one from nobleknightgames that had additional scotch tape all over it to hold the flap shut [came with Tsarina]. The one I got from Coolstuff was taped up in tissue paper and had no super rare but it seems like it would be obvious if it had been re-stuffed and the cards probably would've been extra smushed and messed up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
jerkules wrote:
Two booster gravity feeds I bought were both sealed. I'd be too worried about a booster not in shrink to buy it, although I also imagine packing crap boosters back in the box would be a bit of a pain.

really??, cause not one gravity feed I know of was fully sealed

seeing how you had two that were sealed, well, I would be suspicious of that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe cases are sealed but individual gravity feeds aren't?

Just speculation - I've only bought individual packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Erb
United States
Wauwatosa
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is there some sort of cardboard that needs to be broken to open it then? is that front flap held shut by some sort of perforated cardboard then?

take this one for example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/171349062179?_trksid=p2055119.m1438....

the cover shot looks like the right side of the opening is bent open a bit. could just be colateral damage, but could also be some sort of tampering.

then this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Dice-Masters-Gravity-Feed-3-/...

appears to be wrapped in plastic, but about as well as Laura Palmer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
oneone78 wrote:
is there some sort of cardboard that needs to be broken to open it then? is that front flap held shut by some sort of perforated cardboard then?

take this one for example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/171349062179?_trksid=p2055119.m1438....

the cover shot looks like the right side of the opening is bent open a bit. could just be colateral damage, but could also be some sort of tampering.

then this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Dice-Masters-Gravity-Feed-3-/...

appears to be wrapped in plastic, but about as well as Laura Palmer.

Nothing is holding the flap shut; that first one might have just been smushed in shipping. That second one is taped up in tissue paper not plastic. It might've come from CSI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kraack
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
at my store, we received several cases of gravity feeds. these were still sealed by the manufacturer (taped closed) (not opened by our distributor, because we ordered in cases).

inside each case was six gravity feeds, each without a plastic wrapper, but each with a white tissue paper wrapped around them.

I dont recall needing to break any cardboard ... the tissue paper was there to hold that drop panel shut.

The first picture does seem a bit fishy, the second seems like it's the tissue paper wrapping it, not plastic, but a little hard to tell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
They all come wrapped in that white-tissue-paper like stuff.

I would not call it a seal by any means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Erb
United States
Wauwatosa
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well thanks for sharing the info. with some of the rumors of nefarious doings with those things it's nice to have some details on how they come unopened. i just look forward to them being at my FLGS...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Pollock
msg tools
i bought one gravity feed and got a SR Wolverine. I then bought 40 packs(loose) off ebay and pulled a SR Mr. Fantastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Buchanan
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
There is no plastic seal it comes in tissue paper if it had not been opened at all. I have bought a total of 9 gravity feeds and all have been the same way. Most came from the guy I get all of my games. I also got one from amazon and it was in tissue paper. If you want a gravity feed I have it on ebay sweet_guy463 user name. $80 shipped to the united states. Also anyone reading this. I have a lot of extra dice. I am selling $2.50 shipping and $0.30 per dice. If you want the dice contact me on here and we can make arrangements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rhodes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As Seen on TV!
mbmbmbmbmb
My gravity feed from BoardGameBliss was not sealed in any way, and I pulled a Canucklehead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.