1 Posts

Senator» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Senator with the Debate Card Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Petty
United States
flag msg tools
Kendra, Paul and I played this today in the food court at the mall.

I used to own this game and Paul and I played it a lot with our friend Russ. I didn't like how it came down to kingmaking every time we played, so I created the Debate Card Variant that I posted here at the 'Geek. Paul loved the game that way so much I gave him my copy. So, now I only get to play when I catch up with Paul.

The Debate Cards add uncertainty, which really amounts to some chaos. It's a wild, fun ride, though, in my opinion. If nothing else, it speeds the game up.

Paul took off with a strong lead of one completed agenda and one uncompleted agenda. Kendra and I each had one uncomplete agenda. Round one and two ended fairly quickly, but not so fast as to keep the Assassins in hand. In fact, with three players it's just too tempting to kill things when you're the third to bid!

The third round was a brainburner. We were cautiously choosing agendas each debate and there was a lot of tension. Due to one of the Debate Cards that we turned up, Paul decided his best play was to drop his whole hand down to get the agenda. It was a gamble because if the round didn't end in time, I could surpass him in points. (For those unfamiliar with the Debate Card Variant, the round can end when five hourglasses turn up on the Debate Cards.) Well, luckily for me all the double hourglasses had been removed from play in the first two rounds. Paul didn't pay that much attention. Things lasted just enough for me to nab a Trade agenda, take a safe point and still pass the Trade agenda over and wipe out his two uncompleted agendas. I won by a point.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.