Subject: Priest Of Ra at The Works (UK) £10 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scotty Oog
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi newbie here so if this is in wrong position then please feel free to move it

Just letting you know this (and a lot of other Rio Grande games) is available at The Works (UK) for under £10

Will def be picking this up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Priest Of Ra
scottyoog wrote:

I don't know if it's in the wrong position (might possibly even belong in hot deals europe forum)... however

... suggestion on the poor choice of "subject", it gives no useful info to help folks to decide whether this is a thread they should open up or not... you can always edit your base post and change the subject... maybe to something like

"Priests of Ra available for under £10 at the Works (UK)"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Priest Of Ra
JeffyJeff wrote:
scottyoog wrote:

I don't know if it's in the wrong position (might possibly even belong in hot deals europe forum)... however

... suggestion on the poor choice of "subject", it gives no useful info to help folks to decide whether this is a thread they should open up or not... you can always edit your base post and change the subject... maybe to something like

"Priests of Ra available for under £10 at the Works (UK)"
Furthermore, since this appears to be a time sensitive event, I'd put it in News, not General.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Oog
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys - noted! Ill bear that in mind any other posts I put up.

[/q]Furthermore, since this appears to be a time sensitive event, I'd put it in News, not General.[/q]

You've obviously never been in THE WORKS lol - They just keep things till they sell them - there is no time limit - at my local shop they have 2 copies of INDUSTRY that have been there since they opened about 2 years ago same price. I been waiting on a Sale or something but never happens lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scottyoog wrote:
Thanks guys - noted! Ill bear that in mind any other posts I put up.

Quote:
Furthermore, since this appears to be a time sensitive event, I'd put it in News, not General.

You've obviously never been in THE WORKS lol - They just keep things till they sell them - there is no time limit - at my local shop they have 2 copies of INDUSTRY that have been there since they opened about 2 years ago same price. I been waiting on a Sale or something but never happens lol

Given an arbitrary long amount of time from now.... 4 weeks, 3 months, end of 2015, will they still have copies available at this price? If the answer is No or Not Sure, then I'd say it is time sensitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And while I won't ever be knocking Priests of Ra, the possibly even better Taj Mahal is also available. And numerous other games such as Cuba.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Johnston
United Kingdom
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
And while I won't ever be knocking Priests of Ra, the possibly even better Taj Mahal is also available. And numerous other games such as Cuba.

Actually I think it's not Cuba, but the Cuba expansion. Which requires Cuba to play. It may take The Works a while to shift those...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Holt
England
Rayleigh
Essex
flag msg tools
This is not the cat you're looking for - some other cat maybe?
badge
tout passe, tout lasse, tout casse
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon J wrote:
Actually I think it's not Cuba, but the Cuba expansion. Which requires Cuba to play. It may take The Works a while to shift those...

It is indeed. But they do also have Havana - another decent game in the Cuba "family".
As for Priests of Ra, If you don't have Ra then it is probably worth getting (if you DO have Ra or Razzia it might still be worth £10* to add variety)

* I'm not sure if the deal is still on, but there was a 20% off plus free postage for mail order purchases … just after I spent £30 at the Works soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon J wrote:
Dearlove wrote:

My local branch had the base game as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Oog
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So do would you say Taj Mahal is better than PoR?

Just noticed thats in stock too now

Maybe get them both or hunt around the shop for base copy of Cuba

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scottyoog wrote:
So do would you say Taj Mahal is better than PoR?

It depends a lot on if you have Ra.

If you do, then Taj Mahal one PoR.

If you don't, and don't expect to, that's harder. I'm going to duck answering as I may not be objective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike hibbert
United Kingdom
Gloucester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just been in and bagged PoR, Taj and La Citta - three classics for £30!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Avann
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting, I picked up PoR and Furstenfeld for £10 each!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Rebollo
United States
McAllen
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi MagicGeek:I picked up Furst... & PoR too at Canterbury one month ago
Gaming holidays

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bator
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mb
I bought most of the games on offer:
Furstenfeld, Samurai the Card Game, Priests of Ra, Asteroids, Sky Line 3000, La Citta, Mousquetaires de Roy, Bean Trader, Strozzi, Unexpected Treasures, Spin Monkeys...
Haven't even tried all of them out yet but so far none of them was a waste of money, though I'm a little worried about the Bean Trader one. I only bought it because it was so colourful!
Furstenfeld is the best out of these so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandora Caitiff
United Kingdom
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's now May 2015. My local The Works store still has copies of the Cuba expansion, and I just grabbed a copy of Priests of Ra, still a tenner

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PandoraCaitiff wrote:
It's now May 2015. My local The Works store still has copies of the Cuba expansion, and I just grabbed a copy of Priests of Ra, still a tenner

Anybody have a link to The Works? All I got is below, which has board games, but no more PoR.

http://www.theworks.co.uk/home

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandora Caitiff
United Kingdom
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
PandoraCaitiff wrote:

Anybody have a link to The Works? All I got is below, which has board games, but no more PoR.

That's the right link (page three of the board games section still has Yeti Slalom, Cuba El Presidente, and Bonnie and Clyde).

Unfortunately The Works sells remaindered and leftover stock, so while individual shops will still have a handful of copies, if there's none left in the warehouse, it won't be for sale on the website. Sorry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PandoraCaitiff wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
PandoraCaitiff wrote:

That's the right link (page three of the board games section still has Yeti Slalom, Cuba El Presidente, and Bonnie and Clyde).

Unfortunately The Works sells remaindered and leftover stock, so while individual shops will still have a handful of copies, if there's none left in the warehouse, it won't be for sale on the website. Sorry
Makes sense. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still available on the website, but now £5. No postage if you arrange to pick it up at a store. With the discount code on the site's banner, it ended up costing me £3.75!

Makes Taj Mahal look a rip off at a tenner (not really, I went for both)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Collins
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just looked at their website, and couldn't find it, either by searching for "Priests of Ra" or by browsing the Board Games category. What am I doing wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.