Subject: Charts and Table Card(s) Printing Errors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each of the Charts and Table Cards has a number of printing errors. Details are presented below, to enable anyone who wishes to make ( or note ) the appropriate adjustments, to do so.

a) T.1- Table 1 - Maximum Movement Table : Line 3, Sneak Column : Should read “NA“.
[ Self explanatory as “Otherwise” here equates to multiple non-open area-sides. ]

b) T.1- Table 1 - Maximum Movement Table : Line 3, Foot Column : Should read “1“.
[ See 7.31 : Foot Mode ( 2nd sentence ). ]

c) T.5 - Table 5 - Search Table : Area Type column : “Haven” should have a "*" against it.
[ I can’t recall if I inserted this on my cards myself ( or not ) now, but it’s required either way. ]

d) Small Group Retreats Box : The line “3 NA” should read “>3 NA”.
[ Self explanatory ( due to the previous table line in the box ). ]

e) T.6 - Table 6 - Random Group Table : Notes : All (4) of the "-“ ( minus ) entries for “disengagement” should be "+“ ( plus ) entries. They should also all refer to FPdisengagement” ( only the last currently does ).
[ Per 9.243 : Modifications to Disengagement Rolls : ( For FP Disengagement ) “If any of the minions in a combat are mounted or flying, one is added to any disengagement rolls.” Thus the applicable die roll modifier here should be added ( and not subtracted ). Per 9.24 Disengagement “The EP may automatically disengage from any combat” ( i.e. No die rolls are required ), therefore all die roll modifiers apply to the FP player only. ]

f) T.6 - Table 6 - Random Group Table : Notes : Both of the "+" ( plus ) entries for “attack” should be "-“ ( minus ) entries. Both should also refer to EPattack“. Note that the rule book fails to refer to any die roll modifiers for attack(s) anywhere, ( although various FP characters are noted as having their OR increased by 1 when mounted - see 9.11 ( bottom of page 12 ) ).
[ Just as a higher OR rating ( the various mounted FP characters ) gives an increased chance of a hit, a -1 attack modifier for the two “mounted” Random Creature Groups ( only ), increases the chance of damage. A -1 attack modifier rating also makes it an EP bonus ( rather than an FP one ). NB: You could keep the +1 modifier here, but if you do, you should make an it an FP “bonus“ instead. Given that the original chart entries noted for “attack” were opposites to the “disengagement” entries, then adjusting them to "-“ ( minus ) is more logical. ]

[ Note that if you adjust e) above, you should adjust f) too ( and vice versa ).]

I believe there are also two errors on T.2 - Table 2- Terrain Effects Table; however, these “errors” are both pure assumptions on my part ( unlike those presented above ). See below if interested :

g) Storm Column : River* : should be ( ? ) : 1 [NA]

h) Storm Column : Swamp* : should be ( ? ) : NA [NA]

[ Both of these are based on a logic that says movement in a “Storm“ should be worse than movement in “Bad Weather” ( particularly for these two categories ). Perchance g) is more viable than h), but that’s up to you. ]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.