Hide
13 Posts

Paths of Glory» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Do countries surrender or something? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
asbos asbos
msg tools
I have conquered all spaces of Turkey and eliminated every one of its armies/corps by some ninja campaigns and the fall of Constantinople and I wonder if anything like Turkish surrender or as a matter of fact any country surrender exists in the game. Is there any extra effect from total country conquest? Can Turkey continue to amass RPs and if by any chance CP recapture Constantinople rebuild there ASAP? Any ideas or house rules if nothing is included in the official rules would be wellcome aplicable to any country.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
kounelas wrote:
I have conquered all spaces of Turkey and eliminated every one of its armies/corps by some ninja campaigns and the fall of Constantinople and I wonder if anything like Turkish surrender or as a matter of fact any country surrender exists in the game. Is there any extra effect from total country conquest?

Nope. You just get the VPs from the country (which for Turkey is quite substantial).

kounelas wrote:
Can Turkey continue to amass RPs and if by any chance CP recapture Constantinople rebuild there ASAP?

A country cannot receive RPs if its capital is occupied, so it's extremely unlikely that the CP will manage to regain any spaces in the NE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
asbos asbos
msg tools
Thnx for the quick reply. Those Bulgarians are nasty SoBs though and my total forces in the Balkans atm are SRB army+BeF corps in Salonika and the ninja force (which i expected to die from attrition but my opponent somehow spared them) of 1 Br corps in Adrianopole and 1 Fr corpcs in Constantinople, so its not unrealistic for him to recap the city. I think that something should be provided for situations like that, after all the Galipoli landing aimed at just that, knocking permanently Turkey out of the war, no 2nd chance situation hehe.
Btw we used the historical setup and its 2 less Vps in turkey cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Freedman
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not positive, but I don't think the BEF corp can be SR'ed to Salonika. I'd have to look that one up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Riekkinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
kounelas wrote:
Can Turkey continue to amass RPs and if by any chance CP recapture Constantinople rebuild there ASAP?

A country cannot receive RPs if its capital is occupied, so it's extremely unlikely that the CP will manage to regain any spaces in the NE.

I've conquered much of Turkey back after losing Constantinople. 6 GEcs did miracles in NE. TU start to receive RPs as soon as capital is free again.

---

11.1.17 BEF Corps & Army:
Neither the BEF Corps nor Army may move in or attack into any space outside Britain, France, Belgium, and Germany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John David Galt
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"If the enemy controls or besieges a nation's capital space ... no RPs may be spent for that nation." [17.1.3] Emphasis added.

I fail to find any rule that says RPs can't be accumulated while the capital is enemy controlled. (I would expect it to be in [9.4].)

So once a nation has entered play, you can always accumulate RPs for it; you just have to control the capital during the Replacement Phase of that turn in order to spend them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard MacKinnon
Canada
New Glasgow
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdgalt wrote:
"If the enemy controls or besieges a nation's capital space ... no RPs may be spent for that nation." [17.1.3] Emphasis added.

I fail to find any rule that says RPs can't be accumulated while the capital is enemy controlled. (I would expect it to be in [9.4].)

So once a nation has entered play, you can always accumulate RPs for it; you just have to control the capital during the Replacement Phase of that turn in order to spend them.

But what about 17.1.2:

"RPs not spent during a Replacement Phase are lost; they may not be saved for use in a future turn."

You can receive RPs for a friendly country if its capital is not enemy controlled. But you can't accumulate or save RPs from one turn to the next under any circumstances. Use them or lose them each turn.

So if the CP loses Constantinople, they no longer get any Turkish RPs until they regain Constantinople. Once they do regain it, they could then begin a slow process of rebuilding the Turkish army.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John David Galt
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I know. So you can accumulate some RPs right away, but you've got to take Constantinople back before Replacement Phase if you want to spend them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cawley
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Constant is a port, and if you control it and Gallipoli you can SR fresh corps into it from Reserve. It isn't near east so there is not one per turn limit. You should be able to SR in enough to hold it, if you can take it. Especially if you get any army there - MEF or (late war) French AoO - so you can fire on the army fire table. Bulgarian corps aren't going to eject 5-7 firepower firing on the army table, from either plus 1-2 UK corps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John David Galt
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Constantinople is in the Near East (and so is Bursa).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasey Walker
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
So, I'm incorrect for thinking Constantinople is not NE because there is a space for it on the main board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Infantry23 wrote:
So, I'm incorrect for thinking Constantinople is not NE because there is a space for it on the main board?

There are two spaces for it: one on the main board and one on the NE map. Both represent the same spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Freedman
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Infantry23 wrote:

Right. It is a NE space that is depicted, in a grey'ed out manner, on the main board...for easy reference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.