Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Did I win the game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Fazakerley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just completed my third game and thought I'd actually won, but I'm not sure that I did.
It was on the final turn, the last Mythos card had been turned over. Jim culver entered the gate in Arkham and travelled to the Void Between Worlds. He succeeded and I placed an Eldritch token on the Final Mystery card, solving the mystery.
I thought I'd won. But, on reading the card it says the mystery is solved at the end of the Mythos phase, but there weren't any Mythos cards left.
So does that mean I didn't win?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cymrusaint wrote:
Just completed my third game and thought I'd actually won, but I'm not sure that I did.
It was on the final turn, the last Mythos card had been turned over. Jim culver entered the gate in Arkham and travelled to the Void Between Worlds. He succeeded and I placed an Eldritch token on the Final Mystery card, solving the mystery.
I thought I'd won. But, on reading the card it says the mystery is solved at the end of the Mythos phase, but there weren't any Mythos cards left.
So does that mean I didn't win?

Yes, yYou won. This has been discussed elsewhere and according to reference guide, if a win and lose condition occur at the same time (as in this case), the investigators win.

See End of mythos deck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Boyd
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is one instance where I had the mystery solved and I rumored out during the mythos phase. Because the rumor was finished before the end of the mythos phase I lost the game, but in your case you won because they occurred simultaneously (at the end of the mythos phase).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
for completeness sake: The state that you cannot draw a Mythos card at the beginning of the Mythos phase ends the Mythos phase immediately and you lose the game. But since you finished the last mystery "at the end of the mythos phase" you also win the game.
And in a case where you simultaneous win and lose, you win

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fazakerley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! That's great thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.