Ryan Lynn
Canada
Salmon Arm
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
What happens if you use noises ability and the corps draw pile is empty? For example, I have 3 medium, 3 parasites, and 3 data suckers all installed on a personal workshop, and it is the corps turn. They play power shutdown, moving their entire deck into their discard area, then use Jackson howards trash ability, and send 3 cards back into r&d from archive. I know accelerated diagnostics is about to come out, so before he is able to do that, I install 3 data suckers from personal workshop, to discard those three cards. If i choose to install one more medium, and he does not have a Jackson to transfer more cards over, can I win the game? The corp must discard a card from R&D, but nothing is there?

My other question is, about accelerated diagnostics. If I have 2 cards left, and play accelerated diagnostics, do I lose? Does the game end Immediately because I only have 2 cards, and accelerated diagnostics says look at the top 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hager
United States
Leesburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Nothing. They can't trash if there's nothing to trash.

2) You already screwed up their combo, so celebrate the inevitable win.

3) Who the hell would do that combo, knowing you have viruses on PW?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rules state the Corp loses if they are forced to draw from an empty R&D. Neither of these scenarios involve drawing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ryan
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Opponent loses at the beginning of his/her next turn when he/she must draw a card and there is nothing to draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PraetorianXVIII wrote:
3) Who the hell would do that combo, knowing you have viruses on PW?

To be fair, I've done the Shutdown combo without Jackson Howard installed so don't underestimate what's possible when you're asleep at the wheel from too much Netrunner in a day. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.