Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Denysenko

Rochester
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those gamers who may not notice the announcement, Mercury Games has picked up both titles under a new series that focuses on important political elections.

http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/30942/new-game-round-up-po...

With familiar features such as blocks and CDG style card play, they also feature unique mechanics specific to each game in the series.

I am excited to work with the Mercury Games team to develop the RUSH series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent.

And congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Denysenko

Rochester
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Volko. I know we have spent much time at WBC talking about it. Good to see it pushing forward.

Hope to see you and my copy of FITL at WBC in August!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I look forward to see these games in print !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Denysenko

Rochester
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me,too! I would like to see "revolution and politics" represented more within the hobby. And even more important to me is modeling important events throughout the modern world. There are an awful amount of political stories that are untold in our hobby. Ukraines election in 2004 is one of them.

I had the chance to watch a great documentary on the Orange Revolution and I thought to myself "I need to model this- this story has to be told". I began to design the game in 2011, shortly after the election that saw Yanukovych take power. The characters were so rich, the story was so compelling I must have watched the documentary 15 times.

Fast forward to today- Yanukovych, Tymoshenko, Poroshenko ( the current president) all played a role in 2004. Here they are today in the headlines. This was also an election about post "Cold War" politics- Russia and the West wrestling for Ukraines future- as we see current events taking that bent as well. Some sources even propose that it helped inspire the Arab Spring.

I hope we can get the support we need for these titles so designers are encouraged to model unique events and help tell their stories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Clowsewitz
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news! I've had Weimar on my wishlist for 2 years now and I figured it was a dead project.
Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb
This is outstandingly good news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't tell you how excited I am about this. The games seem to combine my 3 favorite things in gaming: blocks, cards and obscure subject matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Denysenko

Rochester
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to hear! I think you will enjoy them. Preorder on 7/15!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Denysenko

Rochester
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-order up and running!

http://mercurygames.com/index.php/games/product/17-orange-re...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.