Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Galactic Strike Force» Forums » General

Subject: How many rounds do your games take? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane Is Board
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a random question out of curiosity; how many rounds are everyone's games taking, generally speaking?

I'm finding they tend to last between 3-5 rounds total which was quite a bitless than I was expecting. I've been playing solo with 4 ships so I do get the benefit of planning turns out rather meticulously.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends; are you winning or losing?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Is Board
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Winning now heh, after a few initially disastrous runs learning the flow of the game I haven't lost, need to start playing elite and see if that ups thedifficulty.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Elite can't not up the difficulty. The question is if it hits the Goldilocks zone.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Shane Sather wrote:
Winning now heh, after a few initially disastrous runs learning the flow of the game I haven't lost, need to start playing elite and see if that ups thedifficulty.


I don't know anything about Goldilocks or double negatives, but I do know that Elite Mode will certainly up the challenge considerably. I can't play without it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Is Board
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigfoote wrote:
Shane Sather wrote:
Winning now heh, after a few initially disastrous runs learning the flow of the game I haven't lost, need to start playing elite and see if that ups thedifficulty.


I don't know anything about Goldilocks or double negatives, but I do know that Elite Mode will certainly up the challenge considerably. I can't play without it.


Yeah not going to have a chance to try it on elite for a few days at least but I've a feeling once I start, there's no going back. Not unlike Sentinels.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel GOUSSET
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5 players game, normal mode against technovore. First game for 3 players, second for two.
Won in 4 turns.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel GOUSSET
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After some solo game I think the game just dont scale as well as I first thought. More players/ships make for a easier and usually faster game (in turn length) at least in normal mode.

More player ships earn more boosts and more boosting techs faster. As the best strategy seems to emphase boosting a single vessel to fight the mothership while the others keeps to moderate value to tank the smaller ships, more players can play more buff faster.

Also more players means more techs and boost with scrapping power. And faster cycling of the station deck to get the better cards, remove ships.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
IKerensky wrote:
After some solo game I think the game just dont scale as well as I first thought. More players/ships make for a easier and usually faster game (in turn length) at least in normal mode.

More player ships earn more boosts and more boosting techs faster. As the best strategy seems to emphase boosting a single vessel to fight the mothership while the others keeps to moderate value to tank the smaller ships, more players can play more buff faster.

Also more players means more techs and boost with scrapping power. And faster cycling of the station deck to get the better cards, remove ships.



On normal mode, it is easier to win by board clear (even before the Flagship shows up) with more people than with fewer because of the amount of extra scrapping power some SF ships bring.

I never really consider anything other than a Flagship kill a real win, but thats just how I'v decided to play it. Thats why I enjoy Elite mode so much. When you have to plan for the Flagship, it really changes the gameplan up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.